So what are they like then

sidrat

I have owned 57 motorcycles so far, 60% of them being European but so far only one new Guzzi. Currently have a Triumph (fast and handles well) but not enought lust factor. I've now seen a limited edition Tenni, million dollar question is will i like it? are the ordinary v11 le mans just as good.

any comments welcome

I would definately consider one of the Ohlins equipped models like the Cafe Sport, Coppa Italia, Rosso and Nero Corsa or Scura. I believe the Tenni's a mechanically standard Le Mans with the paint job and seat being it's distinguishing factor as a special package. Everyone is different, but I cannot properly convey just how much I love my Nero...Happy Hunting, S.H. :notworthy::mg::wub:

I would definately consider one of the Ohlins equipped models like the Cafe Sport, Coppa Italia, Rosso and Nero Corsa or Scura. I believe the Tenni's a mechanically standard Le Mans with the paint job and seat being it's distinguishing factor as a special package. Everyone is different, but I cannot properly convey just how much I love my Nero...Happy Hunting, S.H. :notworthy::mg::wub:

The only mechanical difference is the single plate clutch...I think

what do u look for in a bike? the V11 is heavy, underpowered (a jap bike of similar capacity will give at least half again more power)and will likely need some small fix's to get it reliable and the way u like it.Having said that It's Italian ,will likely run forever,easy to fix,has shaft drive,is not common,has a orgasmic note when fitted with right cans, BUT it's not for every one and u need to get as long a test ride as u can B)

Thanks everyone

My favorite bike (i have owned 4) has been a Ducati 900 ssie. I dont like Japanese bikes (souless) I loved my last Guzzi. I sold an S4rs Monster couple of years ago, loved the power and handling, and although i went to europe, it was cramped and no fairing (why i wont buy a 1200 sport). I currently have a triumph T955i (595 shape), its great with slightly raised bars (comfort) and handles and goes as fast as i will ever need, but i park it in the shed and have no love for it. I know i will love the Guzzi, just really wanted to know if they handle and last.

reply to savagehenry, with respect to the Tenni have there been other special V11 le mans???

Thanks everyone

My favorite bike (i have owned 4) has been a Ducati 900 ssie. I dont like Japanese bikes (souless) I loved my last Guzzi. I sold an S4rs Monster couple of years ago, loved the power and handling, and although i went to europe, it was cramped and no fairing (why i wont buy a 1200 sport). I currently have a triumph T955i (595 shape), its great with slightly raised bars (comfort) and handles and goes as fast as i will ever need, but i park it in the shed and have no love for it. I know i will love the Guzzi, just really wanted to know if they handle and last.

reply to savagehenry, with respect to the Tenni have there been other special V11 le mans???

They are all special :wub::D

I know i will love the Guzzi, just really wanted to know if they handle and last.

They definitely last. The handling is not as sharp as most modern sport bikes. They are heavy, rear biased bikes. It has plenty of comfort and a soul-full engine. The bikes are pretty reliable but will require more fiddling to keep it running perfectly. It will not flick as easily as a Ducati but the stability is there and they carve through high speed sweepers as if on rails. It all depends on what you are looking for. Many on this sight are looking for more power out of their V11. A little more power can be had fairly easily but if a S4rs is your yardstick on handling and acceleration the Guzzi will never measure up.

I currently have a 2000 V-11S and a 2005 999S. They are certainly different tools.

Both have their own character and marque mystique. Both are uncommon and oft recognized as exotic.

The MG is happy at 120mph all day long, and so will you be, at the end of the day. The Duc flicks through the turns more readily, but you'll be ready for the hot-tub after 3-4 hours on the hi-way.

After 30-some years of motorcycling I have come to understand that tools and motorcycles are best when designed with specific tasks in mind. Compromise generally gives you the least of the characteristics from either extreme.

And better than that..... After 30-some years of motorcycling I have come to understand that a man can own more than one motorcycle at a time!!!

And better than that..... After 30-some years of motorcycling I have come to understand that a man can own more than one motorcycle at a time!!!

This should be a law. :bier:

Thanks everyone

2002 - Tenni ( Green paint, Black nitrided Marzocchi)

2003 - Rosso Corsa (Red checker board paint, Ohlins)

2004 - Nero Corsa (Black checker board paint, Ohlins)

If your favourite bike has been a Ducati Supersport, then I would say you are a candidate for a spine-frame Guzzi. With the proper suspension setup and a good set of tires, the bikes can be made to handle quite well. They don't have a lot of power, but gains can be had with a moderate amount of expense. Exhaust, Power Commander, Pistons, etc...

377731314_cqz6S-M.jpg