Shifting woes continue

iRon

I've had a few 'normal' (for Guzzi's, anyway) issues with my '01 V11, like the tach dropping dead the day I bought it on the ride home. (It hasn't worked since, even after I cut it in half, but that's another story) But the piss poor shifting of the 6 speed has me at the end of my rope. I verified the factory recall was done in '05, lubed and adjusted linkage more than once, changed to RL Shockproof heavy, adjusted the eccentric every which way but loose, yet still vague shifts, false neutrals then jumping into the next gear. So last week I took the side cover off hoping to find something obvious (like the lever limiter pin had fallen out like, I believe thmpr or Steve G found awhile back) but alas nothing noticeable found. I even replaced the lever spring with the Cannon one I had, just for the hell of it. I checked everything and adjusted the eccentric to lower center and put it back together, but no improvement. This thing absolutely has to be messed up somehow, somewhere, because it's almost unrideable this way. Anybody have any new findings or revelations on our favorite slushbox?

iRon

I had a clutch master cylinder go bad that degraded my shifting. The spring inside had shattered.

Have you bled the clutch and inspected the lever travel?

• 1 month later...

Hey Iron you are not alone with a crappy shifting gearbox, mine sounds similar in many ways. I cant tell you what the problem is unfortunatly but I feel your pain. In addition to your simptoms mine has a huge amount of backlash so I have to ease on the throttle after each upshift.I hope someone with some insite to these six speed transmissions gives you and me a majic bullet. Good luck.

I also understand your pain I also have trouble hitting false neutrals when downshifting even though I shift slowly and methodically(pain in the ass)just haven't had time to try ajustment :wacko: