Need a New Battery

Wildgoose

Still have spark bought odyssey it was crap and was F'd just after warranty. 2002 bike

Interesting-My first Spark failed right after I bought the bike new. It was replaced under warrenty and has lasted me for over nine years. The problem now is it will not hold a charge any longer if its not ridden every day. A battery tender keeps it up but this would not do when I take it on the road for week end campouts and such(pic). Used to be it would just get a bit low, now it goes flat in a matter of hours with out a trickle charge. I imagine the Odyssey's can be flawed like my first Spark and fail early too. Seems most of them made it so I think I will give one a try. So far I have found pricing to be around $140 but in these cases shipping is too high. Average delivered seems to be $160.

DCP_0548.jpg

Are you sure the charging system is working? If so, disconnect the battery after you come in after riding. Reconnect the battery the next morning. If it starts, then you have a drain on the battery.

Beautiful bike Roy, when stranded you have to pay what it takes to get home.

Mike

You paid $190.00 (Canadian?) for just the battery?

No, you were sodomized !

FWIW...The BMW dealer wanted $180.00 (US) for a battery for my K100. I got one from a battery vendor for $85.....

Yes, but my Italian girlfriend said

V11 UnWrapped.jpg

"Buy me a new battery and I'll show you a good time"

What else could I do?

Beautiful bike Roy, when stranded you have to pay what it takes to get home.

Mike

You paid $190.00 (Canadian?) for just the battery?

No, you were sodomized !

FWIW...The BMW dealer wanted $180.00 (US) for a battery for my K100. I got one from a battery vendor for $85.....

Yes, but my Italian girlfriend said

V11 UnWrapped.jpg

"Buy me a new battery and I'll show you a good time"

What else could I do?

Agreed, Greenies rock! :rasta:

• 9 months later...

Just thought I would add a data point: my OEM Spark 500 finally died today. Bike was sold in Mid 2003.

I just replaced Rosie's oem Spark 500 (preemptive strike)with an Odyssey. It was still doing the job, but getting tired. I got the Odyssey from Amazon for around 115 bux shipped.

I just replaced Rosie's oem Spark 500 (preemptive strike)with an Odyssey. It was still doing the job, but getting tired. I got the Odyssey from Amazon for around 115 bux shipped.

Yeah, the old Spark was VERY tired. I don;t think it had more than a few more starts on it, even topped off with a charger. At least it let me get home from work!