V7 tuning

docc

Let us know how your test ride goes. With the low bars & rearsets, to me it feels like it's a lighter bike, more control into the corners.

Mal

• 1 year later...

The V7 is all tightened up with Tomaselli clip-ons, Guzzi racer rear-sets, Racer solo saddle, clocks and headlamp lowered with bracket from AF1 Racing. Quite the kit!

Yet, what's up with the tune? There is a "software upgrade" at the dealer? What is that?

And the "injection values?" Should they not be the same right to left?

The local dealer seems pretty clueless. (Why am I not surprised? :whistle: )

guzzidiag is fussy about connecting. Are there improvements afoot for guzzidiag and the V7 ?

It goes to the dealer today so they can do diagnostics and make some attempt at improving it.

Confidence levels are less than high. :mellow:

The service advisor at the dealer was VERY patient making extensive notes about the erratic, intermittent idle behavior going so far as to accept a video of the bike at its worst.

They are super-behind (2 weeks) from some extensive Polaris Razor recall, so we'll have to wait and hope.

On a high note, all the new Guzzis on the showroom floor look very nice. While not my style, the V9 has a lot going for it. Yet, it was the Limited Edition V7 Stornello ("scrambler") that impressed the most.

What with its proper RedFrame . . . B)

Well, you could buy Mark's map which will cure the cold start and rough running issues. I can flick it to you if you like as long as you promise to pay him if you like it and not share it with assholes and plagiarists. You know how I feel about them. Lot of work goes into developing maps. Even more went into developing reader and writer for the MUIG-3, in earlier ECU's the encryption was all in PADS. Breaking the coding and boot system for the MUIG-3 was a lot more work. Make sure you give Paul and Christian some money too.

Is this a five speed bike? What alt? Wet or dry?

Pete

5speeder with dry alt, single TB.

Thanks for the confidence and offer to assist. As you may recall, it's my son's V7 and he's got it to the dealer now. Looks like we won't see it back for a couple weeks. Then, with the trouble so unpredictable and intermittent, we won't know right away if it's changed.

To delay matters further, the lad has gathered up a fresh, new MX-5 Miata to keep him entertained. :grin:

So, I'll report back when we find what the dealer was able to come with. (Again, I suppose my confidence in that avenue is not high).

Pete, thanks for your interest and willingness! I'll keep you posted and you can count on me to honor all of those make such a difference for our small community! :notworthy:

Problem is that while there was a map update for both dry and wet alt models it didn't seem to do a lot. Mark's map is OL and most of the changes are to the air/temp and engine/temp tables after the lambda is off.

It cures all the cold start erratic idle issues.

Pete