IGNORED

Guzzisti friendship

Tomchri

My problems were heavy emc interference from crappy plug caps. Between 3 and 4K it was really bad, had to stay below or above. The gap was 1.2 mm. I reduced it to rather zero what made a big improvement.

The history behind it: I had changed the plug caps (to the crappy ones), as a result the MyEcu quit working. Swapping this against a Marelli ecu seemed to work, but only until the engine had warmed up. From here on I was on the wrong track.

Anyway, a weak, or as in my case, a too noisy phase signal may totally spoil your bike experience :) Good thing is: the sensor itself is rather robust. Properly mounted it's not a part to be afraid of.

• 1 year later...

I find the easiest way to gap the sensor is to stick something like a glob of JB Weld on the tip, bolt it in place, wait for the JBW to set up then remove it again and measure the blob with a pair of callipers.

When I was going through the Centauro, I used the depth measurement end on the calipers. I would no doubt permanently affix the sensor to the flywheel using the JB method.   :rasta:

• Like 1

A simple perfect tool for Phase sensor distance.
Cheers Tom ed3532b4d8be82ba6cc8cd2e02180276.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 7