128.6 mph race with Ducati

Enzo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My God Al, he is even using the same exact shade of green!!!! How could this happen???? I'm going to PM him for copyright infringement.

Can all you guys get to my link alright?

Oh, I wanted to say this too about the speed: The V11 Sport is PERFECTLY stable and confidence-inspiring at this speed. No doubt flat-out also. I always wonder what they are talking about when they say the bike is 'twitchy.'

Enzo,

The V11 is quite stable compared to some bikes. To others, in particular the '02 and never Guzzi, it is twitchy. Last summer I was doing 115mph along a long sweeper in a certain jurisdiction [is there such a thing as post-incident speeding ticket] that I have taken with 3 of my other bikes. The Guzzi did offer feedback at least, that it wanted to tank slap, whether I rolled on, rolled off, or kept steady throttle. This was not the case with the others.

In my experience anyways, my V11 is not unstable, but seems to inherently have what I'll call a "quick head" steering geometry, with the inherent characteristics.

Ciao, Steve G.

Yes, the geometry is steep. Maybe I'm lucky. But I think it is a function of a couple factors that are working properly. I'm only 170 lbs, my tires are Dunlop 208s (34.5 psi front, 37.5 psi rear EXACTLY, I check them every ride), and, I think the suspension is dialed in. I have NEVER experienced anything like an odd twitch besides a slight tire deformation coming out of a corner under a LOT of power. Also, I believe EACH motorcycle is somewhat unique - and some are just better than others.

Oh, and never say bad things out loud about your Guzzi. Don't even think it...... :):)

You can always wind up the steering damper before going mental. For normal pottering about I leave mine on minimum, but before any crazy arse nutter stuff I put it a couple of clicks off max. Never had the hint of a twitch.

You're right, DeBen, a cop is the enemy, and they WILL indeed lie. Usually in court. But, a good lawyer can get you out of almost anything. And, I've done some research and have already had luck getting myself out of a speeding ticket in court. There are many ways to beat the system, and by all means use every one. There are so many ways to beat the system, in fact, that I have been emboldened. Sweet Baby Ray here in Seattle got a ticket on his Lemans for doing 122 in a 60. Our lawyer we have out here got him off with no charge, nada. Ray didn't even have to appear in court. Don't fear the Reaper.

Guest motor72

A cop is the enemy? They will lie? That's a pretty broad generalization. That same cop that you call the enemy and a liar may save your ass someday.

A cop is the enemy? They will lie? That's a pretty broad generalization. That same cop that you call the enemy and a liar may save your ass someday.

The idea that cops go around helping people is pretty funny. I had my house broken into and the cops hardly wanted to even bother with the paperwork. You can bet if you are in real trouble, you are on your own. When the cops come to do the paper work, the threat is long gone.

No, cops set up traps and basically feed on the average citizen and the poor. They are there to enhance revenue and to assure old women that they are safe.

Guest Brian Robson

I think you err Enzo, in your group generalization. There are some fine policemen/women and I daresay some on this site

But then you do that a lot with individuals that you don't like...blame them all.

As for getting off with a speeding ticket, and then telling all the world and its sister....prove it.