128.6 mph race with Ducati

Enzo

I back everything I say when I feel like it. I posted my dyno after I designed my Cobras. I'm willing to make a thousand dollar bet for anyone wanting to say I had to pay a fine and lost in court. I suppose we could mail all US funds to a lawyer to hold in escrow while I trace down my case and copy a dismissed form. I suppose it's possible. If anyone wants to put up a thousand dollar bet, I can contact a legit lawyer here in Seattle, and I suppose we could set it up. It's not worth my time, however, as you are all bsing as usual.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Robson

No meadow muffins here, Enzemo, just 3 x $50 to any charity. You've got 7 days or I'm spending my money on smoked ribs in Chilliwack :food:

I'll even buy you dinner if you turn up, I hear the Crow Pie is delicious! :food:

Guest Brian Robson

I admit, I can't compete with the stakes raised to $1000, (and when you said $1000 to yourself, did you do it in a Dr Evil accent?) nor will I.

You bragged about how you beat the system, and as far as I'm concerned you didn't back it up, you folded the tent, took your ball and went home

Jim, Badmotogoozer, the ribs are on me...name the date

Ah come on Canadians! This is your big chance to finally put me in my place and win a thousand dollars each. It CAN be arranged. I'm certain an escrow company in Seattle here will hold all of our money.

I have no idea what this is about...

To summarise...

Captain Enzo was abroad one day when a Ducati had the nerve to pass him. Harnessing the untold power of his mighty V11 Cobra, Nemo summoned a speed of 128.6mph, with utmost & total stability, to chastise the hapless Ducati, who left at the next exit.

Having disposed of his challenger thus, Enzo turned his ire on the forces of the law, some of whom inhabit this site. He regaled us with tales of wanton lawlesness going unpunished, & how the corrupt officers of the state would never take him down. Some disbelieved his stories & questioned his integrity. Mistaken for a policeman, one Canadian, losing site for a moment of his inner equilibrium, pledged $50 to see proof of Enzo's achievements. Enzo poured scorn on the Canadian & his country, & threatened never to visit. This was too much for other Canadians, who joined in the clamour, with their own promises of dollars.

Undeterred, & righteous in his indignation, the bold & fearless Enzo offered $1,000 to every Canadian who could prove he lied. At this, the Canadians paled a little & retired to party in a local eatery.

That's about it so far. Personally, I doubt the claims of "total stability".

KB :sun:

You summed it up pretty well Baldini. Except I rarely bet or wager, and would never enter into a contest or wager with someone who feels it is neccessary to "nuke" me. This fellow who wishes this on the Canadians he has been engaged in, is obviously so geographically challenged he fails to realize that "nuking" us would in fact "nuke" himself in the process, so close our residences are.

I'm sure glad this "Captain Fantastic" is not sitting underground somewhere with his finger on the button!

Ciao, Steve G.

I think we've lost touch with a few important facts.

128.6mph as a speed is-

1- Fast enough (over here) to get you a ban, probably 3 months on first conviction. Might make it a year if previous speed offences, though probably not enough to get you thrown in clink.

2- Pretty piss poor for an 1100cc sports bike.

I bought my lemans because it's a slow old bus. It wins in character and uniqueness. Has real world performance. I couldn't trust myself not to do 170mph on a Blackbird or similar. My old (86) FJ would sit at 125 effortlessly with loads in reserve. Having said that it was easier to keep to 85, a more sensible speed, than the guzzi who seems to prefer 95-110.

This tale of daring seems to take place on a dual carriageway, just a case of winding it on, unless there a chassis issues.

Is a 748 hot rod what we would know as 600 Monster? About the only Ducati that’s theoretically slower than a V11.

It would seem to be a case of the Ducati rider knowing when’s enough is enough. Closing upon traffic, I wouldn't want to mix it at speed with a rider I didn't know.

It's one thing charging about with your mate who you've ridden with for years and know how he rides and can anticipate his moves. Altogether different with a complete stranger.

Back to speed enforcement, over here it has to be corroborated, usually by the operators opinion, and a physical measuring device, be it following check,vascar,radar or laser. Speed cameras take two pictures to show how far you've moved. I don't know how the digital ones that measure your speed over two fixed points several miles apart deal with that, not even sure they're up and running.

This sort of speed wouldn't get forgoten about and let slip, You might put doubt on the accuracy and argue the toss over a few mph but the facts being you are well over and would be sentanced as such. Argueing about identification wouldn't normally help as has been tightened up to put the onus on the owner, to name driver, and failing to do so is a seperate offence. The worse case is being summonsed giving evidence relack of knowledge and either being thrown in the cells for cotempt of court or found guilty of perjury or pervert course of justice later.

I can remember one case when I was first let out on my own, Funny thing everything went to court from that day. Car had parked in the limits of a pedestrian crossing, carries endorsement on licence. No driver with vehicle, continue on foot patrol. !/2 hour later I see this car a bit further down the road and stop the car. Report driver and issue instructions to produce documents.

This road changes it name 4 times in the 200 yards between the two roundabouts at either end. So on the producer I put location of offence- put the wrong bit.

He failed to produce his documents, keeping the producer as evidence that he couldn't have commited the offence as no crossing in that bit of road. Summons all drawn up correctly, error corrected. Goes to court after a lot of deliberation the Magistrates aquit on the crossing but hit him with the maximum fine for the failing to produce. Saved him the 3 points but cost him several hundred pounds more.

it's funny how this becomes an issue because of one person.

44442[/snapback]

Maybe but the funny bits come from everyone, although Baldini gets top marks in that department and my second choice would be Martin even though I don't think he is trying to be funny. Enzo rounds out the podium!