V11 Rally Germany 2006

V11UK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this Chris- we will probably be going to Boxmeer again next year and this is the weekend afterwards- I will see if we can double up and do the V11 rally the weekend afterwards, assuming Boxmeer is the weekend prior.

I have been to this part of Germany twice as a kid- nice countryside and roads if I remember rightly.

Guy :helmet:

As a result of your post I've just put a leave request in for that weekend.

I'm not sure if it will clash with the Erin next year assuming it wll happen. Hope it doesn't. If they coincide I would go to Ireland. If they are consecutive weekends I would get it in the neck at home but would still try and do both.

Will you be thinking of arranging a V11 one in the UK this year?

I see Jaap's name is on the list allready so there would be two sets of friendly faces at least

Martin, I'm just starting to put together next years Buell events for the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group and may do a specific :mg: V11 UK event. Ideally at a location with rooms and camping so everyone is taken care of. I should have everything sorted by the end of November latest and will post accordingly.

We visited the German V11 event at the Oldtimer Cafe in 2003 and enjoyed it very much - although we didn't stay at the actual location. I've booked early to make sure we have a room in the inn :thumbsup:. They also have a small field for camping.

This particular part of Germany is beautiful and the roads are brilliant :bike: plus it's an easy days ride from any of the Dutch ports.

It'll be 3 weekends, three Guzzi meets in a row: V11 Meeting Germany, Boxmeer and the Bodensee Meeting if and when will take pace.

The V11 Meeting in Germany is an excellent event; good food, roads, beer, company, etc. Last year there was a Guzzi dealer who showed an MGS01 and the Breva 1100.

:mg:

Of course other types and brands are also welcome!

I've poped over and posted that I would go.

Martin Barrett schrieb am 06.10.2005 14:31

Hallo,

Ich bin vom V11lemans.com Forum von Jaap. Ich kann mich etwas von Ihnen an seiner Versammlung an Varsseveld im September 2004 getroffen haben.

Ich werde sehr viel kommt gern zur Versammlung.

Ich werde mein Zelt bringen.

Ich werde versuchen und werde lernen, ein Deutsch vor dann zu sprechen.

Martin

Hello,

I am from Jaap's V11lemans.com forum. I may have met some of you at his meeting at Varsseveld in September 2004.

I would very much like to come to the meeting.

I will bring my tent.

I will try and learn to speak some German before then.

Martin

You show off Martin  .

Chris I used http://www.freetranslation.com/ I have no German. I hope it's about right.I was so ashamed by my lingustic ablities following Jaap's International V11 Meeting I went and got a learn German CD. I managed to learn to count to ten. I will be getting it out and trying harder. (that was a fatal sentance just wait till it gets miss quoted :) )

Debs said I can go and she didn't have a problem with the ERIN as well, even if it was adjacent weekends :thumbsup: Just need work to confirm my leave.

I've poped over

62288[/snapback]

Converting to Catholicism, Martin? :cheese:

Re Erin:from what they wrote in the magazine, it looks like they are planning to do the Erin again in 2006, with better camping facilities. ?

Converting to Catholicism, Martin?  :cheese:

Re Erin:from what they wrote in the magazine, it looks like they are planning to do the Erin again in 2006, with better camping facilities. ?

62324[/snapback]

Erin - I hope so.

Poped - glad you picked me up on that. I thought it would have been about getting it out and trying harder. But the Pope is German so it's on thread anyway.

My lasting memory of Jaap's International V11 meeting was that of the line of 20 odd V11s snakeing across across the top of the dike roads. I think that there was 24 (inc Pauls Daytona and the Voxan) of us on the ride out. Not every one went, I know Chris and Jane went elsewhere, and in the photo below a stop in Nijmegen on the return leg. Richard "Warsaw" on his Rosso Mandello and his Monster riding friend Malcolm had allready diverted off to catch an early ferry back to get to the ACE Cafe. There where so many it was difficult to get them all in a photograph.

123_2329.jpg