Spoke wheels for V11

Admin Jaap

German Guzzi dealer Mandellocycles started production of this set of spoke wheels.

Sizes: 3,5x17 front, 5,50x17 rear.

The set contains of all items in the picture

The wheels are a simple bolt on using OEM axles and without using other parts. Fits all V11 models with 5,5" rims.

Price: 1495,-€ incl. VAT

Delivery time: 14 days.

On ordering please mention diameter of front axle: 20 or 25 mm.

If you need more info:

Ingo Pape

MANDELLO-CYCLES@t-online.de

website

wielen.JPG

wielen2.JPG

1500 is actually in the ball park the motard boys are regularly dropping that probally a bit more on a new set of spoked 17inch rims athough usally includes brakes. Yes they would be a pain to keep clean not tubeless ethier.

74879[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a lot of dough for folks in the US right now:

Live mid-market rates as of 2006.01.19 17:51:26 UTC.

1,500.00 EUR Euro  =  1,816.34 USD United States Dollars

1 EUR = 1.21090 USD  1 USD = 0.825835 EUR

For that kind of money, although I think spoked wheels would look AWESOME, I'd be hard pressed not to fit some PVM light-weight wheels or similar.

BTW, since they aren't tubeless, what would the be impact of running tubes in standard modern tires?

And I wonder what these weigh? They don't look like they are alloy. If steel, I bet they are heeeeeeeeavy :(

al

I run tubes in my Dunlops.

on my Eldorado. :P:

I've also run tubes on tubless tires on several Tonti frames. I guess I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference. The main argument I've heard against tubes is that when they get punctured, they deflate much more quickly. I've not heard arguments against handling.

And besides- where does it say those rims are tubed? I can't see the spoke nipples on the inside. I couldn't find any mention of the rims on the website either...so... more info on this please.

I run tubes in my Dunlops.

on my Eldorado. :P:

I've also run tubes on tubless tires on several Tonti frames. I guess I'm not a good enough rider to tell the difference.  The main argument I've heard against tubes is that when they get punctured, they deflate much more quickly.  I've not heard arguments against handling.

And besides- where does it say those rims are tubed?  I can't see the spoke nipples on the inside.  I couldn't find any mention of the rims on the website either...so... more info on this please.

75053[/snapback]

Looks like tape wrapped round the inside rim hiding the nipples

Gary

If someone want it,

i have a front magnesium black 6 spokes pvm wheel :blush:

Only to bought the rear wheel from PVM then , like Paul did for his bike :cheese:

It was for another bike project but i have already another set of PVM magnesium for guzzi so that enough in the garage. :luigi:

pvm_b_f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this link on the german V11 Forum and thought it would be interesting to show here.

I don't know the people at Mandello cycles nor do I know if they speak english.

Just give them a call and find out. If you keep it simple, most germans will understand.