Car Bike combos

Jock Guzzi

I've actually nick named it the fridge, its a big white box and. . .

75468[/snapback]

Now you could call it 'Norge' for that Guzzi connection! :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purposely went for opposites. With a car I wanted semless, reliable transportation so I drive an Acura and wife unit has a Honda CRV.

Carl needs a yugo to attain vehicular balance.

My crap, aside from the goose:

• Defender 90
  • 12 old bimmer 525 (just won't die)
  • y2k HD Road King

Needs:

• TX's pacer, or a V8 Gremlin
  • Ural / Dnepr (pm me carl - I'm really shopping for one - need help)

...tend to go for fast cars...My current drive (company car) is a Subaru Impreza WRX...

I drive a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Sedan, not because I have to deal with bad roads or weather but because Symmetric AWD just rules if you wanna rock in the mountains. 250 ft. lbs of torque in a 3K-lb. package is just plain fun. And when you want to be civilized while transporting the kids and in-laws, it's comfortable and quiet.

Like a classic Guzzi, plenty of low-end grunt, but gets exciting when you wind it up a bit-- that 14PSI of boost that starts to kick in up toward 4K is not unlike the feel of the V11 up toward 6K.

did you test ride the Thruxton? was the power simply to low down the scale even by classic standards?

75460[/snapback]

I did, late last year, and I was very disappointed. Mail me if you want the full story, since it's not a V11 issue!

Cars? I run a high-mileage FIAT diesel estate which hauls trailers, wood, animals, motorcycle parts and people with equal ease, returns 55mpg, cruises lightly loaded at 90mph and doesn't break. What has it to do with my tastes in motorcycles? I need it to carry large assemblies and trail whole machines to meetings. Previously, for ten years I ran a FIAT Coupe 16v Turbo, and for those ten years and the previous ten the same 240 Volvo saloon; it wouldn't die, and when I finally decided to let it go it was still working. The Coupe was a wonderful finale to my petrol-head car-owning phase, but I've grown up, now.

Vehicles:

05 Prius

04 Tundra Xtended Cab

70 El Camnio SS

Bikes:

03 Rosso Corsa

93-1000S

93-SPIII

81-CX100

68 Norton Fastback

All run except for the Fastback; it rolls.

Tom

Had Fiats in high school, became a very good roadside electrican from that experience. Travel too much now for anything sexy, so:

2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Cab

2005 VW Jetta Turbo Diesel

1965 Cadillac DeVille Convertable

Caddy looks cool, Toyota makes good rescue vehicle for Brit bikes, and the VW's fuel mileage saved the checkbook.

DeBenGuzzi, I envy you.

Tx Redneck, a Yugo, a Pacer and Hornet? You scare me dude.

jimbemotumbo. Too imbalanced for a Yugo to have any effect. Besides, the 2005 Ural is a better class of scrap iron than a Yugo.

I shouldn't talk though, I once had two Fiat 2300S's - at the same time plus a Fiat 850 Spyder.

Fix It Again Today

Fix It Again Tony

Found In A Trench

Feces In A Toilet

Being the vehicular masochist that I was (or am, I have that new Ural too you know!), I had two BMW 630CSI's at the same time.

Break My Wallet

I only had used cars until recently. I bought my first new vehicle, Dodge Ram 1500, in 2002.

Before that it was VW buses, Trans Am, Triumph TR4, and a van.

The mileage on the bikes are quickly overtaking that of the truck.

If I get a car it will either be a Caddy Sedan Deville, or I'm going to build a low rider.

-Hal

Guest golden goose

I'm a geologist, so there is a Dodge Dakota 4x4 quad cab sharing the garage with the bikes. Outside sits a 93 T-Bird with a 5.0 HO V8. 200hp stock, and 200k miles. Runs great and was considering hopping the motor when the time was right, still doesn't burn oil, but the power is off a tad. But that was before rumors started flying about a possible new Challenger R/T with the 6.1L Hemi V8. Saving my pennies on the hope that will become a reality. Name is on 3 dealer's lists for a potential Challenger.

Bikes?

85 BMW K100

02 Lemans

05 BMW K1200S

I'l wade in.

When it comes to cars, if it's not German, it''s CRAP!!

Current, Benz 300CE (125K miles) -Leather,ABS, cruise, sunrooof, power windows-

Previous, Benz 300E (285K miles), Benz 300D(295K miles), Benz 240D(345K miles).

Detect a trend?

All have cost me next to nothing to buy, own, and operate.

I am sure your brother-in-law has a horror story to tell,

but they are all I've had for 15 years, and all I will ever own.

If I totalled the one I own today, I would look for another just like it tomorrow.

I bought them all used. Mileage listed is when sold. Car depreciation is for suckers.

2 new Guzzis in the last 5 years. More to come, I reckon. :bike:

A full-size truck available to borrow is a wonderful thing.

DeBenGuzzi, I envy you.

75529[/snapback]

PSH whatever I don't have those I only wish

I drive one of these.

3_3_05_accura.jpg

But I really really miss this one.

DSCN0051.jpg

Started with one of these

17832.1.jpg

and mah first bike

19_75suz_tm125m.jpg

I had a 78 motocross with a modified speed band I don't remember the bike mentioning anything about being an RM anywhere :huh2: did they make a second model? I think it had been slightly modified but still. :huh2: