Car Bike combos

Jock Guzzi

Ok I give up...... What is it? I like it though. looks kind of like an old E type jaguar.

75543[/snapback]

i'm speaking out of turn here , but I thought this is an ALFA Romeo Sprint Speciale, body by Zagato? Around 1959? Do you really drive this thing? How beautiful!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm speaking out of turn here , but I thought this is an ALFA Romeo Sprint Speciale, body by Zagato? Around 1959? Do you really drive this thing? How beautiful!

75552[/snapback]

doesnt it look more like a Ghia body? Zagatos always have double bubbles in the roofs for the heads.

Hey Carl, at the time the guy I bought parts from name was Tony. He thought it was very funny with the "Fix It Again Tony" thing. I too had an 850 spyder and a 124 spyder. Lotsa fun when they ran right.

Todd, I too will look for a used M-B when the VW hits about 200k. Turbo Diesel that is. German cars have that certain built like a tank attitude.

Had Fiats in high school, became a very good roadside electrican from that experience.

There I am, cruising over Tejon Pass in my Fiat 2300S at 80mph. Hit the windshield washer button. Window wiper mechanism grabs dash wiring harness, rips it loose from everything in the dash and wads it up in a ball. Coast to side of road. Re-wire car. Proceed.

Unfortunately, all very normal for a Fiat.

Better than my 66 VW bus when the dash wiring caught fire.

My various BMW's were not much better.

PSH whatever I don't have those I only wish

I drive one of these.

3_3_05_accura.jpg

But I really really miss this one.

DSCN0051.jpg

Started with one of these

17832.1.jpg

and mah first bike

19_75suz_tm125m.jpg

I had a 78 motocross with a modified speed band I don't remember the bike mentioning anything about being an RM anywhere  :huh2: did they make a second model? I think it had been slightly modified but still.  :huh2:

75550[/snapback]

Im pretty sure that bike is a suzuki TM 125 I had one just like it when I was 18, peaky little sucker, but what a sweet rush when it got on the pipe! I was the "neighborhood terror" on that screaming yellow bumblebee! :-)) :P

Guest george in vancouver
Ok I give up...... What is it? I like it though. looks kind of like an old E type jaguar.

75543[/snapback]

Actually, it's a 1952 Alfa Romeo "Disco Volante" (Flying Saucer). Would that it were mine! It's even better than a Citroen DS 21.

alfa-romeo-d-4.jpg

Guest rosso mandello

ALFA ROMEO 155, 1,8 8V, stick with the Italians, they stick with you.

10 years this summer, 220.000 km, no trouble at all.

Just remember this simple rule, you have to hit the rev. limiter daily, that goes for the ABS breaks too. Have fun

Guest redguzziv10

Audi S3 - turn the traction control off and the wheels'll spin in third

1947 Morry Thou - top speed a massive 47mph

I'l wade in.

When it comes to cars, if it's not German, it''s CRAP!!

Current, Benz 300CE (125K miles) -Leather,ABS, cruise, sunrooof, power windows-

Previous, Benz 300E (285K miles), Benz 300D(295K miles), Benz 240D(345K miles).

Detect a trend?

All have cost me next to nothing to buy, own, and operate.

I am sure your brother-in-law has a horror story to tell,

but they are all I've had for 15 years, and all I will ever own.

If I totalled the one I own today, I would look for another just like it tomorrow.

I bought them all used. Mileage listed is when sold.  Car depreciation is for suckers.

2 new Guzzis in the last 5 years. More to come, I reckon. :bike:

A full-size truck available to borrow is a wonderful thing.

75549[/snapback]

Todd, Ive always wanted to purchase a Benz, but heard that they are not dependable,and complicated to work on( I do all my own wrenching) is the dependability thing since chrysler"s affiliation? or is it not true? I cant afford a new benz on a nurses salary, which model do you recommend I look for as a good reliable used MB? ( best bang for the buck / depreciation-vs- age) Thanks Rick.

I ride a black V-11 Sport that has red trim. I drive a red Porsche 928 with black trim. Both are kind of narrowly appreciated by the common folk, but very cherished by their fans. :bier:

I've re-built the Marzocchi forks with Traxxion Dynamics valves, and installed a Penske shock. I think I'm done!

My winter project is screwing a supercharger onto the 928.

I herd around a V-10/5speed, Dodge, 3/4 ton, 4X4, short-box, Quad-cab, to pull the 5th-wheel camping RV, and/or the vehicle hauler. :huh2: