V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that a 550

No, you're figuring the same way as the Guzzi speedo reads. You're bike isn't really an 1100, honest.

ooooooooooh, look at your avatar!

It's a small part of the photo, but here's a better image if you want to use it:

n628571492_78333_9227.jpg

n628571492_78335_9637.jpg

No, you're figuring the same way as the Guzzi speedo reads. You're bike isn't really an 1100, honest.

ooooooooooh, look at your avatar!

Okay 532ish

Came home about 3 hours ago in beautiful Dutch weather. Bike ran like a dream all week.

I'm going to file this week in Scotland under "best times of my life". It was really great to meat some of the UK based V11 riders and although the hotel was a bit of a disappointment it was all good. Too bad we had to leave a few behind.

The weather didn't bother me and I enjoyed the countryside riding the empty roads.

Oh, and I'm all for Galloway next year! I rode through it on monday and it was by far the best riding I ever did! :race: Count me in. Condider this a warning. FWIW, I can recommend the Crosskeys Hotel in New Galloway. I spent the night there and the people were just fabulous.

So, now it's time to wash the bike and buy some new oil and tyres.

Before I forget... Has someone else spotted the new AJS bike? This one was on the ferry last night.

IMG_0682__Small_.jpg

Bertie is spot on. On the ferry there were two older Scotsmen who were planning to attend an AJS-Matchless rally in Germany. One of their bikes leaked too much oil the day before leaving so he took his Scorpion and replaced the badges. He was afraid that he wouldn't get in.

He told me he worked at a bike shop in Berwick (a former Guzzi dealer) I had a really nice chat with them on the boat.

He told me he worked at a bike shop in Berwick (a former Guzzi dealer) I had a really nice chat with them on the boat.

Jaap, that's funny. In August 2005 I was probably exactly in this shop and talked to the owner of it. Well, Berwick to me didn't look as if it had another bike shop. He just had come back from Germany then and was so enthusiastic about MZ and it's superb bikes and the great future he hoped they would have. Unfortunately things developed differently, but by then he's had already sold three of these angry saxons.

Across the street of it we were in a café so badly f!"`?=d up, or better down, that it already had begun to look somewhat folkloristic to us foreigners :D