V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there another website than BBC to check the weather in the UK or better in Scotland?

And maybe to check the weather forward than one day? 3 days? 5 days? ....?

I understand it is still likely to be mixed weather in Scotland for our weekend.

Probably best to pack as if you were riding in a wet winter, but have the capability lose some layers if it warms up.

Guy :helmet:

Monday 14th May to Sunday 20th May 2007

“Warm sunshine returns”

The Azores high is expected to move closer to the UK bringing generally settled weather. Temperatures will creep up again and it could become rather warm in sheltered southern and eastern areas.

There will still be some rain at times, especially at the beginning of the week when it will be more unsettled before the high begins to build in and hold back the showers. Sunshine should increase quite markedly as the pressure rises.

This sounds positive!

Source, BBC weathernews.

Is anyone camping and if so, where?

Edit. Doesn't matter. There's space in bunkhouse.

Is anyone camping and if so, where?

Edit. Doesn't matter. There's space in bunkhouse.

Does that mean you're coming?!

Leicanew004.jpg

Finished prepping Helen's bike now- should be very comfy with her new Ohlins / Maxton combination!

Unfortunately I won't have enough time to finish prepping my V11 as there are too many jobs to do on it so will probably take my Jackal.

Does that mean you're coming?!

Well I've checked the ferries. As usual, Stenaline is just a bunch of problems. Online booking hasn't been working anytime I've tried. I phoned them and was told that it is working – use Internet Explorer. However I've tried that too and it still doesn't work. Was quoted £104 for the privilege of booking the short hop to Stranraer by phone. Get real, Stenaline.

If I book tomorrow, I'll go for Larne – Troon with P&O. Can't go Thursday night as have important meeting. Early Friday crossing should see me leaving Troon just around 9.30am. Unless you're leaving Moffat very early, that could put me in the vicinity of a Guzzirider slipstream on Fri morn? What's your est. timetable? I have though, been known to, er, miss the boat...

My biggest worries about going are:

- I might have forgotten how to ride the blessed thing, as it's been mouldering under a heap of stuff since the gearbox was playing up last summer and the top plate came off the Quat

- it's a long haul if the weather is bad

- will gearshift operate beyond second?

- haven't got any sort of tune-up done

- Did I say I might have forgotten how to ride the blessed thing?

The good things are:

- at least the Quat is back together in one piece and

- sounding great

- and it feels brilliant just to turn the motor on and ride the thing again

- it's the Scottish Highlands, och aye

- it's not work

Let you know tomorrow.

What's your est. timetable? I have though, been known to, er, miss the boat...

I think we will be leaving Moffatt around 9ish, all being well.

Going to head towards Stirling, then get the A9 all the way until the A895. Not a very sexy route, but still pleasant enough and we will make good enough progress to get up there by mid afternoon hopefully.

May well have Mal in tow on his black V11.

Send us a text!

Cheers