Shameless spamming so I can buy another boat.....

pete roper

I've got enough prospective orders to do another run of plates so I've got another 10 in train and they should be available next week about this time.

Cost? Not sure, but it is unlikely to be more than the last batch as metal prices aren't what they were but who knows what stock units the manufacturer covers, I'll be able to say for sure when I pick 'em up.

Long and the short of it is that what they cost me, as a reapeat customer, plus freight and a %30 mark-up which is my filthy, capitalist, proffit is what you'll pay rounded up to the nearest five bucks.

There are people who have built their own using my design as a template, I really have no problem with that, if they were then selling 'em and claiming it was all their own work I'd get the shits, especially if they were undercutting me, but at the end of the day I can gaurantee you that if you factor in your time and effort plus materials, (My labour rate is $75AU PH.) I think you'll find that my product is not obscenely priced.

Put it this way. I aim to make a case of beer on every one I sell, and no, I'm too old and fat to do six-packs....... :P

Pete

Yeah of course, and once again, sorry.

Pete

Hi Pete.

Please, forget about it. Communicating like this leads to all sorts of misunderstandings but that's all it was.

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Take care.

Molly.

Pete, you should think about putting your skills to use developing some impractical Ducati, no, better yet, Harley Davidson gadget that promises a lifetime of reliability and more horsepower.

Much bigger audience who collectively can not pass up such bolt on miracles. (one born every minute as they say) ;)

You then can buy a big enough boat and stock it with enough beer to have a proper party for all of your Moto Guzzi brethren here. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Disclaimer: Note the use of emoticons indicating a light hearted nature to this post. No persoal attacks intended and poster does not make reference to any items currently developed by or sold by any forum member.

(other than oil filter hose clamps, of course)

Pete, you should think about putting your skills to use developing some impractical Ducati, no, better yet, Harley Davidson gadget that promises a lifetime of reliability and more horsepower.

Much bigger audience who collectively can not pass up such bolt on miracles. (one born every minute as they say) ;)

You then can buy a big enough boat and stock it with enough beer to have a proper party for all of your Moto Guzzi brethren here. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Disclaimer: Note the use of emoticons indicating a light hearted nature to this post. No persoal attacks intended and poster does not make reference to any items currently developed by or sold by any forum member.

(other than oil filter hose clamps, of course)

Please include the fact it has to be triple-chrome plated with the sacred insignia and serve no purpose other than decrease gas mileage, increase noise levels to a tractor-pull level, be on the exterior because it's all about show,tell you friends how much you paid for this worthless acouterment or last but not least have one before anyone else does!!!

p.s. I have nothing against H/D. Some of the owners have a strong fetish that I don't understand.

Does it have to be on the bike?

How about the 'Big Richard!', 'Pearl Necklace' made from genuine rhinestones mined in Rhineland? An addornment for only only the biggest suckers???

Pete.

PS. Note I need no encouragement to be gratuitously distastefull. I'm a middle aged man who doesn't give a flying f#ck. If I offend you? Sorry but there are a LOT nastier people than me out in the big bad world :P:lol:

Pete

Is anyone in EU stocking these things or do they have to be ordered directly from you Pete?

Nobody in Europe stocks 'em. I've never been approached by anyone. Air mail fro Oz costs about $27AU I think.

Pete

The aftermarket is well sewn up for any H-D gremlins and, to be honest, they're pretty much bullet-proof these days anyway. Mine isn't a bling bling 'Village People Special' and I don't dress like a line dancer when I ride it. It's just a big, comfortable tourer and I wouldn't be without it. Shame about all the posers though.

Bikes.jpg