Damaged Goods

czakky

I looked into bidding on the bike...I even have a CoPart account now...but I need to hire a broker etc... and after it's all said and done, I probably can't use the Ohlins on my '03, and would have ended up paying $2000+ for a couple of carbon fiber parts. I guess I'll keep an eye on eBay over the next few months!

I looked into bidding on the bike...I even have a CoPart account now...but I need to hire a broker etc... and after it's all said and done, I probably can't use the Ohlins on my '03, and would have ended up paying $2000+ for a couple of carbon fiber parts. I guess I'll keep an eye on eBay over the next few months!

you talk like you have never squandered money before ?

why don't you think the forks would fit? I think they will if you use the triple clamps too..

After reading this thread, it certainly isn't a drop in switchover...its a whole front end swap....

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18190&page=2

and what if the bloke plowed the front wheel into a wall? And to top it all off, the 'Guzzi Ohlins' are not up to snuff to most other Ohlins forks? I'm not writing it off just yet, but I'm a little gun-shy at the moment.

why don't you think the forks would fit? I think they will if you use the triple clamps too..

the 'Guzzi Ohlins' are not up to snuff to most other Ohlins forks? 

I don't know which are which but I believe that there were two versions of Ohlins fitted to the V11's. I hope someone can provide the differences.

Should any of you end up buying it for parts, I'll be happy to buy the seat from you!

Btw, I just had the forks serviced on my 02 Scura - they are the Ohlins Road and Track series, same as used on many Aprilias up until around '06.

The previous owner removed the original cover and had an after market skin put on with an Italian red white and green striping on the side (like some Sargent seats I've seen). Not my thing - I prefer the original. I may just have it recovered, but thought if I could pick up a good stock one I'd just sell my seat.