Moto Guzzi Sales Brochures

chamberlin

Just got this 2003 catalog in the mail today. It wasn't cheap, but I just had to see what they were printing for the model year 2003 (the big 'transitional' year for the V11 series). Docc, you probably already have this one.

I'm kinda bummed they don't have a photo of my grey tank 2003 sport naked, and instead they have an actual 2002 purple tank model for the sport naked. I have seen a few purple tank bikes being sold as 2003 models, including one for sale in Arizona right now. Of course most owners don't know or care that their bikes are actually left over 2002 models sold as 2003 models...but I think it is an important data point for us. I believe it would make the most sense to classify these bikes primarily by major feature set, and secondarily by model year. From what I am starting to understand, the V11 series design evolved on the fly, including the special editions, and were not necessarily manufactured serially by model type. Anyways, here are the important pages, scanned for your pleasure:

2003MotoGuzziCatalog_01_zpsb4712f27.jpg
2003MotoGuzziCatalog_02_zpsda7ea04d.jpg
2003MotoGuzziCatalog_03_zps80fabe66.jpg
2003MotoGuzziCatalog_05_zpsc615faf2.jpg
2003MotoGuzziCatalog_04_zps4faa1f38.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing Docc.Compression was bumped to 9.8.1.How was that done and what was it previously?

Errr,I meant to say Thanks chamberlin.

• Like 1

AW, man, here I was all patting myself on the back and glowing; drinking beer and celebrating. :grin:

Chamberlin is planning on posting scans of other brochures so we can tear into them and find all the silly little Italianisms awaiting scrutiny. :mg:

Once they're all scanned and posted, we'll look at moving them to FileShare for safe keeping.

As mznyc says, thanks, chamberlin! :thumbsup: