Welsh Waltz

Orson

dunno if this is the right forum to post this...

far be it from me to be so desperate for riding friends that I have to post pleading messages on the internet :nerd: anyways, I plan to return to Shropshire from September 12 thru the 19th to do some exploring of Wales. Would love to meet similar minded Guzzisti.

I enjoy long walks on the beach and listening to John Denver records...can be plied with a few pints. :grin:

Oh and do try to have that weather thing sorted out by then :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm game but for one day only.

I've got that week booked of work as I was planning ongoing to the GMG. But having abandoned Debs to the children for two long Guzzi weekends (Erin and Spean Bridge) this year. I magnaminously said that I would give up Italy (this year) so that she could get away from the horde. She's failed to book anything then but is looking at November. So my leave still stands but I'm not going to Italy. She's agreed to me having a day out provided that it's a school day. The rest of the time I'll be decorating or landscaping following the extension (another reason why I'm not going to Italy) which will be completed this week.

So I'll travel across meet up, spend a day swanning around and disappear into the night.

So I'll travel across meet up, spend a day swanning around and disappear into the night.

58247[/snapback]

OK...I'll be in Whitchurch, Shropshire...just alongside the Welsh frontier. Just post a date, time & meeting place and I'll try to be there.

If Baldini reads this...a local's road knowledge would be greatly appreciated :food::bier::bike:

...If Baldini reads this...a local's road knowledge would be greatly appreciated ...

I'm stuck with work through that week but weekend or from early evening maybe OK or pos take a half day. roads are much better weekdays, w/e's get busy. I could point you to some roads eitherway.....I don't go out in the rain.

KB :sun:

I've just checked my shift rota and I'm coming off night shift Sunday into Monday.

So I'm free any day from Tuesday. I'm not adverse to early starts. For the RBR I did a few 0500hrs. Three hours should get me there (comfortably).

Were you planning a series of day trips or going on a tour and B&Bing etc? Obviously it would add to my outward leg time if I had to join you mid trip but I could do that if thats what you'd planned.

If you are doing a series of day trips I would suggest that we wait near to the time to finalise a day subject to weather forecasts.

When do you arrive in country, I assume that you'd have internet access at your friends.

If meeting at Whitchurch do you know of a suitable point; cafe; service station etc to use as a Rendezvous.

Three  hours should get me there (comfortably).

Were you planning a series of day trips or going on a tour and B&Bing etc? I assume that you'd have internet access at your friends.

If meeting at Whitchurch do you know of a suitable point; cafe; service station etc to use as a Rendezvous.

58540[/snapback]

wow :o you'd ride 3 hours just to get to Whitchurch?? :notworthy: I'm not worthy :D

I was playing it by ear. I was thinking of doing a couple day trips through northern Wales then, perhaps going into southern Wales and finding a nice B&B.

Yes, my friend has internet access. I'm not too familiar with Whitchurch so, I'll have to ask my friend where a suitable meeting place would be.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate :unsure:

You could try the Midway Truck Stop- there is a good cafe there and huge car park.

58552[/snapback]

I know where the Midway Truck Stop is :) I've had breakfast there before.

Sounds like a good meeting place to me. I was going to suggest it but I wouldn't have been able to supply directions :huh2:

Hi I live in Liverpool and as I'm a firefighter I work shifts, so would be happy to come along for the ride. I know north wales well, including some really good quieter (more fun :D roads) and would be happy to guide or give some pointers. I am off on the 14th,15th and 16th, thats wednesday, thursday and friday. If any of these are suitable to you both the ponderosa sounds fine to me. Let me know and will hopefully see you in September.

Cheers Gary :bier:

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/

seems to be about 25 miles from Whitchurch.

I'm easy either way. I could meet up with Orson and head across together

or go direct.

58597[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan to me! :bike:

I arrive the afternoon of Monday Sept 12th. We can have a look at the weather forecast then and decide on which of the following days has promising weather for a ride :sun:

:mg:

• 2 weeks later...
Llangollen weather for Tuesday looks sunny! :sun: Wednesday & Thursday look somewhat iffy.

I'll try to log on Monday evening from Whitchurch to see if anyone is still game for a little blat :bike:

59996[/snapback]

I had checked the weather some 8 hours prior to your post going through, Whitchurch, llangollen, Bala and Betws-y-coed

At that time Whitchurch was sunny intervals throughout, and Bala and Betws were light showers on Wednesday. I see now Bala has improved to Sunny intervals and Betws has deterioated.

This is still a longrange forecast and is likely to change over the next few days. The trend seemed to be improving with the exception of Betws so who knows. Definately be in a better position to know tomorrow evening. When I was learning to fly there was an expresion "don't drink on the weather forecast" I did get caught out once by improving weather. So there's allways hope.