Welsh Waltz

Orson

Weather permitting, Wednesday would be best day for me.

Weather in Wales can be very localised.

It's a fine sunny morning here now.

Orson, what sort of roads do you like? What sort of speed do you ride? There's a mixture of everything here, from blind gravel strewn single tracks to smooth grippy open sweepers, & plenty of different scenery - any preferences?

KB :sun:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No preference on which day for me.

Should I make first for the truck stop or straight to the Ponderosa?

What time are we looking at all getting to the Ponderosa? Keith are you looking for leaving home after the Kids have all left for school? The route planner suggests a 3 1/2 hr trip for me so would be looking at any time from 0830 when they open.

If you need it for those where are you situations my mobile 0797430318 but obviously it will be in my tank bag

Orson, what sort of roads do you like? What sort of speed do you ride? There's a mixture of everything here, from blind gravel strewn single tracks to smooth grippy open sweepers, & plenty of different scenery - any preferences?

60044[/snapback]

fast sweepers are my favorite though I'll ride anything scenic. I like dramatic coast roads too but I'm not picky

Juding from your avatar, Baldini, you ride at a pace faster than mine. I won't be lagging too far behind though but, you may have to wait on me.

to be honest, I've 'ad a few pints in me and it would be pushing it for me to make it to the Ponderosa Cafe anytime before 9 A.M. so, yah...maybe Wednesday is best. Today is lovely in Shropshire! I hope it holds up!

Maybe 9 A.M. Wednesday at the Ponderosa? This would give Martin a little more sleep. Martin, either way is fine with me. I can meet you at the truckstop or the Ponderosa.

Ok 0900 Wednesday at the Ponderosa is Great. If I go direct That means I'll only have the single* breakfast which can only be a good thing.

* That is single breakfast ontop of my cereal at home before setting out, if I get there early as opposed one at the truck stop waiting for Orsen and another whilst waiting at the Ponderosa. The hobbit tour of Wales, first breakfast; second breakfast; elevenes; lunch; afternoon tea........

Been a beautiful hot sunny day here today.

I can do 9am Ponderosa Wednesday.

Forecast I've seen gives Wed as pos showers, Thurs & Fri better (I could do Thurs not sure about Fri). Suggest we confirm tomorrow, check forecast again. Wed would still be good for me but I can't be arsed riding wet roads if it can be avoided.

See ya Wed....or Thurs....

Looking at the five day forecasts for Bala, Betws, llangollen is currently better on Wednesday and deterioating on Thursday. There is some improvement for Friday but not across the board.

The lady on the BBC this morning had overnight rain tonight but cleared by 0900ish

Looking at the big picture there is a front coming in it will dump rain its just a case of trying to be there after its passed and before the next one.

I'm free all week so not tied to any one day. Just would like confirmation mid evening so can be set for my early start. I could ring you all at 0445 to check :P

I would suggest stick with Wednesday (tomorrow) unless the weather forecast changes in next 10 hours to rain Wednesday off and with good weather on Thursday :2c:

Yeh - just checked forecast - says Wed better than Thurs. So we'll stick to Wed then? Tomorrow, 9am, for breakfast at Ponderosa cafe, top of Horseshoe Pass on A542 just North of Llangollen.

Anyone had problems getting petrol? Heard rumours that there's gonna be blockades of refineries? Everyone's filling up = maybe queues & no petrol?

Theres no shortage of fuel other than that caused by the panic buyers apparently.

I was out at lunch time and saw small queues at the ones I went past. One even had diesal only sign up. Looking at the Beeb there are stories of a weeks fuel being sold in two days. Hopefully all the muppets have topped up their tanks and it will calm down. This is classic everyone for themself - I hate people.

I'm hoping that at 5am There won't be much of a queue and that the motorway service stations are well stocked on route. Perhaps I ought to leave at 4 just in case :D

ok...I'm good to go. I'll be on the Tenni and wearing an aerostich suit. kinda greyish green coloured.

60202[/snapback]

I was going to say that will seperate you from all the other Tenni riders there :P

Then I was going to say greyish green - the Aerostitch or Tenni :P

But I'll see you there :thumbsup:

Thanks for a grand day, great roads, good weather. Saw Orson back to whitchurch in one piece (amazing how little rubber diablos have when they reach theirwear limit) so he should have made it home and hope Martin got home ok as well. He rode 300+ miles to come for a ride :notworthy::notworthy: see you all again later.

Cheers Gary :bier: