Billet foot controls

Murray

I'm looking for some billet foot controls for my 1100sport. I contacted MPH cycles who seem to only do a brake leaver. Had a look at the Rosso Purro site while the open page is in engish the cataloge is not so I was unable to determine what thier kits offered other than a really large price tag. I do not wish to change the footpeg location just replace the cotrols with something a little sturdier. I thought I read someone was looking at doing a run of these but can't recall what happened. Any suggestions idea's would be appreciated.

A guy in the UK Guzzi club made some up- can't remember his name but I was chatting to him at a rally a few years back- he had fitted them to his Sport Corsa.

I think his business was known as the Edge.

I'll dig out some old club mags and try and find his contact info- he has stopped advertsiing now so I wonder if he is still going.

Guy :helmet:

I believe Todd Eagan(todd@guzzitech.com) had actually inquired here last Fall about interest in such a kit.

You might drop him a line.

And yeah, the fella that makes the lever that MPH is selling has suggested for a couple years he might make it's mate, but due to high costs and low sales of the one, he never has as far as I know.

With all the people asking about lowered pegs, I was actually thinking about looking into reproducing the Centauro controls in something that wouldn't snap off once I got my set from France. But that's waaay low on my to-do list, well past building a new house :P

al

You may be interested in the ergal footpegs listed on the Moto Guzzi website. I can't get the USA site to come up but they are shown here on the UK site. I have a set on my V11 and I really like them as the bike shifts much better - more positively and crisply. I also prefer solid footpegs as they protect you and your bike better in a fall or tipover (my opinion - other opinions differ).

Guzzi Accessories

[You might want to start with one of the sponsors of this BB, Rossopuro of Pescara, Italy. They are knowledgeable, friendly and seem to have great feedback from the BB users. And, they make a set of billet foot rests for v11's

I have already contacted Todd and he has indicated they only do a rear brake leaver. So I ethier scource a gearleaver from somewhere else or buy an entire set. I'm not sure the V11 Guzzi set will fit my bike as I have the older five speed box they also look like they relocate the footpegs to a lower postion. I do the occasional track day the side stand and the foot peg on the right hand side tell me I don't want to reduce the ground clearance. I haven't e-mailed Rosso Purro direct I might try that I couldn't work out thier catalogue my Italian is pretty well non existant.

And yeah, the fella that makes the lever that MPH is selling has suggested for a couple years he might make it's mate, but due to high costs and low sales of the one, he never has as far as I know.

76943[/snapback]

Yeah, I made a set up for my bike and it took too many hours to make it profitable. Even so, they ain't the purtiest things in the world, but they are stout. I like stout.

Yeah, I made a set up for my bike and it took too many hours to make it profitable.  Even so, they ain't the purtiest things in the world, but they are stout.  I like stout.

77022[/snapback]

Do you have pictures?

Stout is good stout.jpg

Yeah, I made a set up for my bike and it took too many hours to make it profitable.  Even so, they ain't the purtiest things in the world, but they are stout.  I like stout.

77022[/snapback]

I went out Wednesday night to a leaving do and joined the group at one of the local night spots (nice description of the ambiance)

Across the bar was the chrome tap head stand, listing 6 lagers and one bitter (John Smiths).

I ask the barman "Do you have any stouts?"

He replies " The closest we have is John Smiths (touches the pump head) and Guinness (points down the bar)" :homer:

"I'll have a Guinness then" :D

They seem to do a roaring trade of selling bottles with bits of lime in them.

I only had the one as I was on the Guzzi

Which is the problem witht he stock standard ones. Fixed footpegs aways concern me a little. Yes they may keep your bike from grinding on the ground but what happens if they tear out. The old porkchop would be looking pretty secound hand after than.