wow are those wheels heavy

Guest drknow

Guest drknow

Changed tires Sunday, and WOW, those are heavy wheels. Anyone know how much lighter the various aftermarket offerings are? I'd guess you could lose 15 POUNDS of rotating unsprung mass there.

dk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drknow
you loose 5kg 1.5 front and 3.5 rear. this was my weighing with PVM

90712[/snapback]

Do you recall what they weighed stock? I think it's measured in tons.

stock, rear is 18 kg, that is as you take the wheel of the bike, so complete with brakedisk. This was a 5.5inch wheel.

Advertized weighs from aftermarket wheels are of no use, The weigh without all the stuff you need in the center. And my PVM has a cush drive build in that weighs too.

stock, rear is 18 kg, that is as you take the wheel of the bike, so complete with brakedisk. This was a 5.5inch wheel.

Advertized weighs from aftermarket wheels are of no use, The weigh without all the stuff you need in the center. And my PVM has a cush drive build in that weighs too.

90716[/snapback]

Paul - I'm particularly interested in your experience with the lighter rear wheel - did it improve the suspension action and thus roadholding?

What is the price for a set of PVM wheels?

what you really notice is the front wheel. A lot.

I have a longer swingarm, so my rear suspension is actualy working:-) But I didn't notice the rear wheel difference.

PVM wheels are expensive, depending also on where on the world you are.

In euros I tink 2200. With shopping around you can save, but the cush drive makes it more expensive, than advertized prices.

Changed tires Sunday, and WOW, those are heavy wheels. Anyone know how much lighter the various aftermarket offerings are? I'd guess you could lose 15 POUNDS of rotating unsprung mass there.

dk

90709[/snapback]

So true. I've been looking for an alternative too. Rossopuro says that the Alpina tubeless spoke will be available for us soon. Waiting for prices and availability now.

http://rmcube.abd.it/RMcube/servlet/contro...codelanguage=IT

edit: here's a US supplier of PVM with specs. Of course the MG wheels are usually the most expensive.

http://www.ema-usa.com/wheels/wheels_PVM.shtml

No, OZ doesn't have a cush drive. I see cheapest pvm is 2199$ for guzzi

who dares to drive with magnesium, can also have Marvic, they make the piuma range now for the v11 and mgs01. Guareschi has them, and they have a cush drive. I guess the v11 and mgs01 wheels are identical, so you will need the mgs01 cush drive parts with it. V11 front € 690,00 rear € 1270,00

www.marvic.it

Jap

I got an email from rossopuro about the price of the spoke wheels. I belive it was 1700 euro. They said that the price was not set in stone just yet. :huh2: