Sil Motor Exhaust Systems?

Mike Stewart

I saw a nice set of aluminum reverse cone mufflers for a Ducati Monster on ebay so I called the selling dealer to see if Sil Motors made them to fit the Rosso. (the selling dealer is Motostrano in Burlingame California), Anyway his first responce was "did you just email me?", and my answer was no, So someone out there has the same idea as i do about buying a trick set of aluminum reverse cone mufflers for their V11. Unfortunately Sil does not make a set for the Guzzi yet, I was told it was on the drawing board.

How could an Italian company not make stuff for Guzzi? If anyone in Europe would like to contact Sil Motors to tell them that there is a high need for a reverse cone exhaust system for the V11 series bike, I will buy one! :bier:

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hey Mike, I just found this post. Yeah, that other V11 owner that asked him about the pipes was me! My name is Mike, too, so he was probably thinking "how many times do I have to tell this guy?" I was recently over at Motostrano picking up some boots and I asked him about it again. He said he would inquire with Sil Motor for an update. I couldn't wait, so I picked up some Mistrals off ebay for $310. I expect them this Saturday. I don't have a PCIII yet, though. Do you think it would be harmful to run the bike with Mistrals without a PCIII? Maybe I should wait before puting them on.

Hey Mike, I just found this post. Yeah, that other V11 owner that asked him about the pipes was me! My name is Mike, too, so he was probably thinking "how many times do I have to tell this guy?" I was recently over at Motostrano picking up some boots and I asked him about it again. He said he would inquire with Sil Motor for an update. I couldn't wait, so I picked up some Mistrals off ebay for $310. I expect them this Saturday. I don't have a PCIII yet, though. Do you think it would be harmful to run the bike with Mistrals without a PCIII? Maybe I should wait before puting them on.

If you bought the pair of Mistral aluminum mufflers off ebay a few days ago, I think you out bid me! :lol: I was the one that had the bid at $305.

You can try the Mistrals with out the PCIII but if it may run poorly (surge, cough, stall). Both of my bikes ran bad with just the Mistrals (very lean, major loss of power) and the PCIII was the cure.

Carls bike may of had a remap from the dealer when the Mistrals were installed. They can richen up the mixture to some degree.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I found my y2k Sport runs fine with the Mistrals ( Guzzi 'off-road') cans and K&N. Be sure you have good synch, valve adjustment and the TPS is in range. Maybe on the high side, but in range. :luigi:

So many complaints of 'cough-n-die' syndrome. Try backing the air screws out to a full turn. Sure stabilizes the idle. I guess it could make the idle lean so maybe not a good idea if you're sitting in traffic all the time. :(

Guest pasturej

I put Mistrals on my 03 LM a couple of weeks ago and it runs great both at idle and throughout the rev range with no adjustments. Sound is just beautiful. :D

Next step is probably K&N pods and PCIII. Does anybody have a map for that setup on a bike with the front crossover?

I don't want to re-open the pods vs. airbox debate since I know that there are a lot of posts on that subject, but ... do pods and miserable wet English winter weather go together? :huh2:

Also, does anyone in the UK know of a good supplier of PCIIIs?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hey Mike-- yeah, I had a maximum bid of 320, so if anyone put anything above that, they would have won. You must have been the last person to bid that pushed the amount up! I just hope they are in as good of shape as the seller says.

Thanks to all for the replies about running the pipes with no adjustments. Sounds like I will have to just try it out and see how it goes. I can't wait to really hear this baby. I bought the bike in December and was really sold when I heard a bike in the shop that had Mistrals on it. Gave me goosebumps! I wanted to wait until I had at least 6,000 miles on her before doing anything. I'm at almost 8,000 now- I can't wait!

..... yeah, I had talked to the fella at Motostrano last Summer, as the owner is a friend of a friend.. and someone on the board had asked about reverse cones and my friend with a Monster had shown me the Sil photo for the Monster.

The answer back then, is the same as now AFAIK.. no officially supported products :huh2:

al

Hey Al, are you the guy I met at Mondo Burrito in Santa Clara back in January? I was the guy with the brand new silver V11 Sport. I think it was only my second day riding the bike. At the time I think I was commenting on the vibration, but it has smoothed out substantially since then. If its not raining, maybe I'll into you again at the Guzzi dinner at Alice's. Yes, I'm a wimp. I hate riding in the rain!

Cool! I live on San Miguel Dr, just a few blocks from downtown. I'm on the other side of the tunnel all the time, though. One of my riding buddies lives in Berkeley. He's riding a 97 Triumph Daytona. We hit up Grizzly Peak once in a while. We used to ride Redwood rd until they repaved it with that gravel! Yeah, send me an email! mike@keypoint.com

Hey Al, are you the guy I met at Mondo Burrito in Santa Clara back in January? I was the guy with the brand new silver V11 Sport. I think it was only my second day riding the bike. At the time I think I was commenting on the vibration, but it has smoothed out substantially since then. If its not raining, maybe I'll into you again at the Guzzi dinner at Alice's. Yes, I'm a wimp. I hate riding in the rain!

Ahhhh, heya Mike.... yep that was me :D Time flies eh? ^_^

I remember chatting with you and telling you about the forum. Glad to see you found us :thumbsup:

al