Double Ignition

Guest Cantaloop

Hi there,

i like to share my experience... Roland Daes - one of germanys best guzzi-mechanics mad a few changes:

I know Roland personally IMO is one of the very Best :thumbsup::thumbsup: I ever known as far as dedication to his work and excellency of his results. :bier: and a friendly persosn as well

I am thinking sometime I will do the double spark as well to Roland, just want to let some kms on the bike more.

You have done a great choice

Are these Bos open exhausts? Nice bike

I know that English isn't everyones first language, but just for clarification - "Runs like hell" colloquially means "it doesn't run very good" whereas "Goes like hell" means the opposite - it means it "Runs very well". Sorry for the confusion, but although American English is my native language, I don't take any of the blame for it's confusing construction and contrary usage.

Sounds like some big improvements. I just wish I could read the dyno graphic..... LOL

English/American is also my first... well only language.... So I was a little apprehensive about the title too...

BTW. I rode the Triumph for the first time today. I am sore now. Not from the ride, but shovelling all the ice and snow for about 50 yards to the street.

Richard Z.

Guest ratchethack

I know that English isn't everyones first language, but just for clarification - "Runs like hell" colloquially means "it doesn't run very good" whereas "Goes like hell" means the opposite - it means it "Runs very well". Sorry for the confusion, but although American English is my native language, I don't take any of the blame for it's confusing construction and contrary usage.

Threw me f'er a loop at first too.

Now let's have an explanation for the "correct" English usage of "quite" by one o' our Brits.

Please keep y'er essay to a max of 1,000 words? . . . :lol:

wow, that looks like a healthy increase in power, is there any way of showing what each of the dyno curves relates to?

Mal :helmet:

My Guess:

Top three lines are torque curve, relating to scale off the picture to the right.

Bottom three lines are horsepower, relating to the scale on left.

red = standard machine

green = same machine minus cat

dark blue = the machine in question

The percentage increase at peak is not so much but there is an appreciable increase in lower rev HP and (much more so) torque.

Guest Cantaloop

Sorry for my bad english... :):homer:

Now some more informations:

Dynorun V11 Stephan

The scale on the left side is horsepower, my V11is the darkblue line, the scale on the rigth side is for torque - lightblue line is my optmized one.

Our target was to optimize torque - it is measured nearly 100 Nm on rear tyre. Horsepower is nearly on standard level.

The whole package (incl. optimised valves) costs about 1500 Euro - nearly 2000 USD - but its worth every penny. Driving is different now. I made a trip to Nürburgring at the Weekend with Bob on his green V11. Temperature was about 3-7 Degrees Celsius - so we had to drive careful.

Accelerating is so much fun now. No matter how much turns the engine does at the moment - open the throttle - and the engine starts pulling like a "diesel".

Driving in the Eifel - this is the Area of Nuerburgring - the green hell - is pure Guzzi-Fun. But is is dangerous to ride with open exhausts. If the Police stopp you with open pipes, you have to pay a lot of money - finally the could take your driving license for 3 Month.

The BOS-Exhausts are legal and Roland Däs offers an adapter with katalysator. Otherwise i will have problems with the technical check-up (TUEV) every 2 years.

Interesting stuff- seems that whatever you do to these motors, the end result is normally a thicker midrange and more torque rather than oodles of peak horsepower.

Do the German police also enforce noise standards with foreign (e.g.English!) riders?

Cheers

Guy :helmet:

Guest Cantaloop

Hi Mal,

to be honest.. Roland Daes had my V11 5 Month - Nov - Mai. But i had some severe damage... thank god - garantee Moto Guzzi. The pistons lost their coatings, the camshaft had pitting - so i did a special full-service. Usually the whole process should not take more than two weeks. :stupid:

new cam shaft (torque optimated)

optimated cylinder head

double ignition

optimated software

Cantaloop, great to see your Guzzi running strong. Was hoping you could give some details about the parts that were installed, such as what cam and double ignition setup did you use? What did you have done to your heads....ported, decked? Also, when you say "optimized software", are you referring to adjustments made to the original ECM...such as ignition timing...or are you refering to a Power Commander?

cheers