Ducati Sport vs Moto Guzzi LeMans

orangeokie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And these wheels would look good on the V11 . . . I wonder when rossopuro is going to come through for us?

I've contacted rossopuro once and alpina twice about these beauties. Last I heard they said the first part of this year. The longer they take the more the price rises. :huh2:

The Stein Dinse wheels are NOT tubeless. However, the price is a lot cheaper than the Rossopuro/Alpine tubeless set.

Personally I wouldn't go back to riding with tubes. Tyre choice is also limited (correct me if I'm wrong).

couldn't you slather the rims in rubber sealant/adesive and a strip of rubber and then go tubeless? I thought someone did this on here for an old rim set :huh2:

couldn't you slather the rims in rubber sealant/adesive and a strip of rubber and then go tubeless? I thought someone did this on here for an old rim set :huh2:

Yeah, you could do that, but bear in mind that the beads are different. I have heard of riders doing the silicon/rubber strip treatment and making it work. You're on your own from a liability stand though.

Personally, if I wanted spoke wheels (I don't), I'd go with the more expensive tubeless spoke wheels. But then, I always err on the more conservative side for safety.

Good luck :mg:

It´s something I´ve been mentioning since this classic series arrived from Ducati, and that is that Moto Guzzi was at least 5 yrs ahead of Ducati, with the V11 Sport, a remake of sorts of the V7 Sport.

M.G. has made an alarming mistake by stopping production of this series, as evidenced by the brisk sales of Ducati´s classic series. There was no research and development needed to keep them going. Just keep it simple, and offer more variety for the potential owner, at a reasonable price, just like Ducati.

We will see.

Ciao, Steve

Yep, like he said :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Guest Cantaloop

I do not like the retro-designed Ducatis at all. I even think the word "designed" is to much for this ugly bike. It looks like some old Jawas in the 70th. Compared with my V11 - the guzzi looks like a well formed charming lady.

- the guzzi looks like a well formed charming lady.

This is very true especially if you like fat ladies. :whistle:

quote:

Indeed, where did those wheels come from? They make the bike look really nice, now the MG definitely wins with those wheels And how much for the change over?

Last price I got was $2498.US + shipping.

Guest Cantaloop

This is very true especially if you like fat ladies. :whistle:

Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren.. :)

Try mandello-cycles@t-online.de to ask for shipping and wheels.

This is a version distributed by hoekenschnieder - a big guzzidealer

Hökenschnieder

Yes, you could. I did it to my Eldo wheels. As for beads, the beads on my ELdo differ from the latest tubeless beads, but I bet any set of modern tube-type rims have the latest bead profile.

image.jpg

cute? ....yes

jiggley?....yes

the fact that they look, and are probablly only 15?......5 to 10 where you become someone "special" :bbblll:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Sophia%20Loren.jpg

Sophia%20Loren%20Jayne%20Mansfield.jpg

Sophia%20Loren.jpg

Ok! NOW we're talking :thumbsup::wub:

You're right, thats what l've always thought of my :mg:

big jugs, :wub:

slim waist, (well sort'a)

and nice big comfortable hips!!! :D

= the perfect ride :race: