Ducati Sport vs Moto Guzzi LeMans

orangeokie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Duke- its is a good effort but I think maybe a bit too big and wide- not sleek and minimalist like the original bevel drive 900SS.

The wheels are nice and I think it looks better with twin shocks, as opposed to the side mounted single rear shock.

I am looking forward to seeing the rumoured 750F1 based tricolore Sport Classic.

Guy :helmet:

I love that Duc but have you sat on one? I bet those low clip-ons get painful quickly. Now if you could get the dealer to throw a GT1000 top clamp/tubular bar setup on there (and if it would clear the fairing) you would have a bike that might be a viable LeMans replacement.

I love that Duc but have you sat on one? I bet those low clip-ons get painful quickly. Now if you could get the dealer to throw a GT1000 top clamp/tubular bar setup on there (and if it would clear the fairing) you would have a bike that might be a viable LeMans replacement.

The Lemans wins hands down. Way better looking, more reasonable riding position, more comfortable and functional. The Duc gives me cramps just looking at it.

The Lemans wins hands down. Way better looking, more reasonable riding position, more comfortable and functional. The Duc gives me cramps just looking at it.

:stupid: yep! that Duc is REAL nice but....well lets face it, if l had wanted a Duc l'd have one, but a V11 with a fairing is just "so right"...especially when it's my :wub: Tenni :sun:

serioslly though, full marks to Ducati for doing them to look so right, they do have huge apeal to me, but l'm proud to say that Guzzi got there first with the V11's....and the ergo's are something my bod can live with, while the Duc for me, would be a short ride at best.

l also think that Guzzi's timming was off, they had the big sporty cafe type retro bike out of the gate but maybe to early, and now Duc, Triumph, and even Harley are going to be cashing in on the "newest thing"

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Duc's are good and all but like the brother said, "if I wanted a Duc, I'd have one." In fact I almost bought the Multistrada and was looking at one until recently. The Guzzi just gets the whole thing done better :2c: Although at second glance, those wire wheels on the Duc would be a killer on the Guzzi, then there would definitely be no comparison.

it's really hard to compare, unless you're sticking to the bone of air-cooled twin clylinders italian motorbikes...The engines aren't responding the same way, the way it deals with turns, the designs aren't there to please the same memories or feelings, the amount of maintenance isn't the same either :) The new 1000 engine is fast indeed and the introduction of IE in Ducatis DID solution the dreadful ice carbing problem but the ferocity (and the sublime sound) of 41mm Dell Ortos is no more..

I love ducati's, I had two, and i will get a cheapo 999 once the 1098 is out there and all the people with latest generations' Bologna stallions part with them :)

UK Ducati dealers have got the message- they offer a comfort bar conversion for free.

Is there an echo in here?

I love everything about the Ducatis ..especially the bone-y

looking trellis frame...the only thing I prefer on my LeMans

is the power band...and I prefer it a LOT!

I had more than a few 400 mi days on my SS but it gets

tiresome having your fangs out ALL the time.

The Guzzi you can Beemer around on or Duc

around on...There's no such option on the Ducati.

It's ALWAYS barking and snarrling...

Down boy! Down!

Which is fine for a Sat. afternoon with the hooligans

but thats only 25% of my riding.

Not much room for a sleeping bag or a tent either...

let alone beer and fire wood.... :2c::mg:

But!! When I have $$$ for Xtra bikes I'll have

one of the Duc classics..

Duc's are good and all but like the brother said, "if I wanted a Duc, I'd have one." In fact I almost bought the Multistrada and was looking at one until recently. The Guzzi just gets the whole thing done better :2c: Although at second glance, those wire wheels on the Duc would be a killer on the Guzzi, then there would definitely be no comparison.

And these wheels would look good on the V11 . . . I wonder when rossopuro is going to come through for us?

cerchioalpina.gif

It´s something I´ve been mentioning since this classic series arrived from Ducati, and that is that Moto Guzzi was at least 5 yrs ahead of Ducati, with the V11 Sport, a remake of sorts of the V7 Sport.

M.G. has made an alarming mistake by stopping production of this series, as evidenced by the brisk sales of Ducati´s classic series. There was no research and development needed to keep them going. Just keep it simple, and offer more variety for the potential owner, at a reasonable price, just like Ducati.

We will see.

Ciao, Steve

I think that the Ducati comes closer in capturing the looks of the old classics but Moto Guzzi comes much closer in capturing the feel of the old bikes.

I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling sitting on any of the new Ducati's even though they are all nice bikes!

Cheers

Jim

And these wheels would look good on the V11 . . . I wonder when rossopuro is going to come through for us?

cerchioalpina.gif

True, it is a highly anticipated day. I'm curious as the the price of the wheels though. If they can keep it reasonable, it will make the v11 series one of the sexiest bikes out there. And if MG could offer these or similar wire wheels with the griso :food: