How did I not see this earlier??

Aermoto made by Piaggio. 120 (125) cc (conflicting info...) 1940's Italian paratrooper motorcycle. Didn't work worth a noodle.

Rj

** Sorry - that should be manuf - Volugrafo. Later inspired Piaggio's scooters.

argh, I bet youre right somehow, and I don't get how I don't ever get these, I spend far too much time looking, I've overextended the capabilities of google, yahoo, and altavista and yet I can't find jack :doh:

Damn, GOODmotogoozer!

airmo9t.jpg

Not exactly a pro-western website but there is some good stuff there.

www.autogallery.org.ru

argh, I bet youre right somehow, and I don't get how I don't ever get these, I spend far too much time looking, I've overextended the capabilities of google, yahoo, and altavista and yet I can't find jack :doh:

Don't feel bad Ben. You aren't the only one out here with his eyeballs stuck to the monitor. This is the modern equivalent of the needle in the haystack. The question is, with the temperature at 7deg f this morning would I rather do this or go for a ride.....................

OK, assuming the cylinder head is the reddish finned lump sitting up high in the middle of the frame, what is the other similar colored, finned part below it and to the right? (OK, actually to the left as the rider would see it).

quizfeb18cz9.jpg

I'm back again. Stuck in a lgging camp again but out for a few days to get some maintenance done on the helicopter.

The Aermoto was built by Societa Volugrafo of Turin. It was a 125cc by the information I have and was deemed quite useless except on paved roads. Most were simply abandoned after they were dropped from the airplanes.

Piaggio did make a helicopter once that could be a match for the Aermoto!!!

IMG_Piaggio%20foto%2011.jpg