Group Buy for M4 exhausts

FalcoLion

The Quat-D weighed more than one stock muffler, but less than the combination of one stock muffler and the stock crossover(without catalyst).

Probably about half of the combined crossoover and two OEM mufflers.

I weighed by feel, not by scale.

Turns out all my exhaust bits are off the bike at the moment. You know it's winter when you spend the evening putting bike parts on the bathroom scale...

2003 stock system (no front xover) = 32.2 lbs (~14.6 kgs)

headers (5.8) + xover (5.6) + mufflers (19.6) + hangers (1.8)

Ferracci (carbon) + Stucci system = 24.4 lbs (~11.1 kgs)

headers (5.8) + xover (7.2) + mufflers (9.6) + hangers (1.8)

Quat-D (2004, minus the cat) = 17.2 lbs (~7.8 kgs)

headers (3.2) + muffler (14) Add another 1.6 if you keep the cat

Digital Tanita bath scale. Not certified or promised to be accurate. YWMV

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GuzziLee

I am not sure if any of you aware but I do have an online store as well as small retail outlet in New York. I just came back from the dealer show at Indianapolis, Indiana and had a talk with M4 exhaust people. As of this time I think they are the only other alternative to Mistral. In any case I would like to offer to all fellow Guzzi owners an opportunity to pick up very good exhausts for a very good price.

The prices will be as follows

Aluminum List Price is $630 - Group Buy price is $560

Carbon List Price is $835 - Group Buy price is $735

Titanium List Price is $799 - Group Buy price is $695

M4 makes really nice high quality stuff and these are no different. These are very well made exhausts and they come with factory-like mounts. In other words they have mounting tabs and they don't have big exhaust loop holders. It makes them look factory stock with extra pizzaz and an awesome sound. I need to get an order of at least 5-6 exhausts. If anyone wants to be on this deal just PM me. If anyone not sure about me you are welcomed to ask around. I am know on Bay Area riders forum, Dautona 675, Daytona 600 and Apriliaforum. I thought a lot of guys might be able to use these exhausts.

Thanks

Vlad - FalcoLion

P.S. Sorry I didn't realize that you cannot add responses in Classifieds so am reposting here. If someone wants to participate just add you name in response message. Than whoever else wants to add their name to the list just Cut and Paste the previous names and add your on the bottom.

Thanks but purchased all from Moto International. The $100.00 difference is for Greg and his support :mg:

Lee

I would like to offer to all fellow Guzzi owners an opportunity to pick up very good exhausts for a very good price.

The prices will be as follows

Aluminum List Price is $630 - Group Buy price is $560

Carbon List Price is $835 - Group Buy price is $735

Titanium List Price is $799 - Group Buy price is $695

M4 makes really nice high quality stuff and these are no different. These are very well made exhausts and they come with factory-like mounts. In other words they have mounting tabs and they don't have big exhaust loop holders. It makes them look factory stock with extra pizzaz and an awesome sound. I need to get an order of at least 5-6 exhausts. If anyone wants to be on this deal just PM me. If anyone not sure about me you are welcomed to ask around. Vlad - FalcoLion

I may be in, if the offer is still available. Money is money, and I like low prices. :huh:

Money is money, and I like low prices. :huh:

These are good prices. Compared to anything we can get hold of over here in Europe this is very reasonable.

I wonder: can the M4s be high-mount? I wrecked my Ti-can this spring and wonder if I can use the mounts that came with the Ti-set. AND: will you ship abroad?

Turns out all my exhaust bits are off the bike at the moment. You know it's winter when you spend the evening putting bike parts on the bathroom scale...

2003 stock system (no front xover) = 32.2 lbs (~14.6 kgs)

headers (5.8) + xover (5.6) + mufflers (19.6) + hangers (1.8)

Ferracci (carbon) + Stucci system = 24.4 lbs (~11.1 kgs)

headers (5.8) + xover (7.2) + mufflers (9.6) + hangers (1.8)

Quat-D (2004, minus the cat) = 17.2 lbs (~7.8 kgs)

headers (3.2) + muffler (14) Add another 1.6 if you keep the cat

Digital Tanita bath scale. Not certified or promised to be accurate. YWMV

Cool! Thanks for weighing all that.

True evidence of the superiority of the QuatD, that I stupidly traded away dreaming of HP.

Note also that the QuatD moves the weight forward and down and centered. :bier:

Cool! Thanks for weighing all that.

True evidence of the superiority of the QuatD, that I stupidly traded away dreaming of HP.

Note also that the QuatD moves the weight forward and down and centered. :bier:

Sure, no worries. Winter provokes whatever OCD tendencies I have.

BTW DL, and not to get you into a tizzy, but there's a chance I may wish to part with my QuatD at some point. I bought it for the ground clearance, but it turns out it scrapes in right-handers. If I can source a non-scraping 2-1 from RacerX or a recommended local fella, I might need to sell the Quat. Would be sad, since I do think it looks really cool. I dropped the bike last year, so it's a bit rashed, but I'm sure it would look great in a ceramic coat.

Look like I may set of M4's from FalcoLion. I removed my stock system today to have the header pipes & crossover Ceramic Coated.

He is to have availability to the M4's this week... and he has offered me FREE shipping ! :food:

Call me crazy but I too like the look of the stock cans. :huh2:

What I'd really like is some pictures of V11's with the various M4's on. I love the looks of my Le Mans and would like it to continue to be "sexy" as well as "sound nice" AND have "increased performance."

Pics please.

As a sidebar...I understand living on a shoestring and how nice these group buys are for that. Me, I'm not rich but comfortable and feel better supporting Guzzi dealers who support the V11 site. I can (barely) afford it so I do. It's all good. :thumbsup:

Being in the states... I often get really frustrated :angry: by the lack of suppliers here for Guzzi stuff. Their seems to be only a handful, and some of those are not the most customer friendly, reasonably priced, nor do they have adaquate websites for info or ordering. You guys in Europe don't know just how good you have it there.

It seems that Calif & the Northwest is the best market here for Guzzi's.... but on the east coast their is squat!

My point in all of this... when someone steps-up and offers great prices, customer service, good communications and reasonable delivery cost... I'm in. :bier:

This 'don't question prices', 'got to have it now' culture in America was created and promoted by the people selling stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

To all you guys buying aftermarket pipes: I also like the stock pipes and scratched my right can in an 'incident'. Anyone willing to sell their stock can(s) please PM me. This will help you offset the cost of your new exhaust.

To all you guys buying aftermarket pipes: I also like the stock pipes and scratched my right can in an 'incident'. Anyone willing to sell their stock can(s) please PM me. This will help you offset the cost of your new exhaust.

I will have a factory set for sale soon... probably around 3 weeks from now.

• 3 weeks later...

If the M4's looked this hot when I got my exhasut I wouldn't have FBF right now, I should look at snagging up a set of the Ti's for down the line, carbon don't last forever, or so I'm told. :bier: although that would require money and all. :grin: