Group Buy for M4 exhausts

FalcoLion

I am not sure if any of you aware but I do have an online store as well as small retail outlet in New York. I just came back from the dealer show at Indianapolis, Indiana and had a talk with M4 exhaust people. As of this time I think they are the only other alternative to Mistral. In any case I would like to offer to all fellow Guzzi owners an opportunity to pick up very good exhausts for a very good price.

The prices will be as follows

Aluminum List Price is $630 - Group Buy price is $560

Carbon List Price is $835 - Group Buy price is $735

Titanium List Price is $799 - Group Buy price is $695

M4 makes really nice high quality stuff and these are no different. These are very well made exhausts and they come with factory-like mounts. In other words they have mounting tabs and they don't have big exhaust loop holders. It makes them look factory stock with extra pizzaz and an awesome sound. I need to get an order of at least 5-6 exhausts. If anyone wants to be on this deal just PM me. If anyone not sure about me you are welcomed to ask around. I am know on Bay Area riders forum, Dautona 675, Daytona 600 and Apriliaforum. I thought a lot of guys might be able to use these exhausts.

Thanks

Vlad - FalcoLion

P.S. Sorry I didn't realize that you cannot add responses in Classifieds so am reposting here. If someone wants to participate just add you name in response message. Than whoever else wants to add their name to the list just Cut and Paste the previous names and add your on the bottom.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if you are aware...

There are Guzzi dealers who also offer M4 exhaust.

:mg:

Here for the long haul,

and not for a quick buck,

I am

yoda.gif

Just for the record, bought my M4 carbons from Tod H among some other stuff. Great service. :2c:

Here for the long haul,

I am

yoda.gif

I am in for the long haul (though I am smaller than most of the dealers) and not just for a quick buck. Though quick buck never hurt anyone. I am just offering an alternative source (and most of the time for a lot less then dealers). Also not being a brand dealer allows me to deal with different stuff for a lot less that most of the dealers either don't have or don't want to carry. Its great that there are some dedicated dealers around but they are very few and between. I will never be able to swing away all the customers from the super dedicted dealers and would not want to. On the other hand a few guys that offer these exhaust are for the most part are very far away from the end user so I guess that would be a fair to the consumer to have a few more options

Here for the long haul,

I am

yoda.gif

He is offering excellent prices.

If we compare:

http://www.harpermotoguzzi.com/mufflers.htm

MG9112 Aluminum $695.00 MG9114 Carbon Fiber $795.00

But they are not forum sponsors like http://www.mphcycles.com

or the other sponsors that offer other fine muffler options.

Rossopuro sells Quat-D and maybe others.

Mistral sells Mistral.

Teo Lamers sells others...Lameronis????

(Please note, despite my moderator title, I am only a spaminator, and the view(however you may interpret it) reflected in my post does not likely represent the view of www.v11lemans.com)

I would not be surprised if the forum administrator might consider prohibiting commercial posts by non sponsoring dealers. (historically he has pretty much allowed it)

But a group buy does not seem like a big money maker, and it clearly benefits the forum readers....although it would clearly take profits away from struggling Guzzi dealers and our struggling forum sponsors.

:huh2::2c:

He is offering excellent prices.

If we compare:

http://www.harpermotoguzzi.com/mufflers.htm

MG9112 Aluminum $695.00 MG9114 Carbon Fiber $795.00

But they are not forum sponsors like http://www.mphcycles.com

or the other sponsors that offer other fine muffler options.

Rossopuro sells Quat-D and maybe others.

Mistral sells Mistral.

Teo Lamers sells others...Lameronis????

(Please note, despite my moderator title, I am only a spaminator, and the view(however you may interpret it) reflected in my post does not likely represent the view of www.v11lemans.com)

I would not be surprised if the forum administrator might consider prohibiting commercial posts by non sponsoring dealers.

But a group buy does not seem like a big money maker, and it clearly benefits the forum readers....although it would clearly take profits away from struggling Guzzi dealers and our struggling forum sponsors.

:huh2::2c:

Before I made this post I asked Jaap and got Ok from him directly.

Damn, this asks for an official statement... :D

Although I understand the resentment against this group buy project, everybody (a dealer/forum sponsor too) is free to make some money by offering such a possibility. My only requirement is that the person who starts it, makes clear it's a commercial project or not. That way everybody should be able to form his own opinion and decide to buy or not to buy.

In this case FalcoLion started with that statement and he is right in the fact that he asked my permission first.

I think its perfectly fine, he's not offering anything else like installing the pipes, service work, or other bits as of yet, just found a great deal on M4's dingaling has posted several places to get things in the past should be lynch him too because they weren't forum sponsors? I mean seriously its hard enough to get anything for a guzzi I say bring on anyone with anything. :bier:

dingaling has posted several places to get things in the past should be lynch him too because they weren't forum sponsors?

:moon: It is dlaing, not dingaling <_>

But otherwise, good point. :grin: (I certainly get lynched enough around here...It is tough being a maverick -_- )

Sorry if I came as a reactionary jerk.

"Happens to every guy sometimes this does"- Yoda

Not my intent.

M4 is a good product.

If you don't buy em from me,

buy from FalcoLion.

The carboin holds up much better to UV than the Mistrals, IMHO.

Todd,

No hard feeling on my end. As I said I am in for a long haul and just thought because of very limited product availability it would benefit all parties involved - me as a businessman and members as the owners of these great machines

So being in the market for new exhaust (the stock one got beat up in the crash and I was going to get one anyway) I'm having a tough time deciding between the M4 and the Quat-ds. Since this thread's about the m4's would anyone happen to know how the two compair?

Z

So being in the market for new exhaust (the stock one got beat up in the crash and I was going to get one anyway) I'm having a tough time deciding between the M4 and the Quat-ds. Since this thread's about the m4's would anyone happen to know how the two compair?

Z

I have had both the Mistral round carbons and the Quat-D ex-box.

The Mistrals give more power above 5000 RPM and the Quat-D seems to give more power below 5000RPMs

If you add a Stucchi Crossover to the Mistral, then the QuatD may only gain in lower rpms.

But note, I had and early Quat-D. Later ones develop more high rpm power.

The Quat-D made the bike more fun, but slower when trying to go over 100MPH.

I would happilly trade back to the QuatD.

The Mistral should be very similar to the M4 in performance, unless you get the quiet version of the Mistral.

I know nothing about the durability of the M4, but they look darker and glossier than the Mistrals, probably with a heavier gloss coat.

The Mistral carbon seems fine, but is a rough finish that slowly yellows with UV exposure. But I am still happy with the appearance of them. I sure have seen worse carbon.

Some early Quat Ds have been known to crack, but the late ones should be fine, from what little I have heard.

PS Wick's post reminded me:

My early Quat-D sounded metallic, not as warm and melodic as the Mistral.

From the recordings I have heard, the newer QuatD sounds less metallic, more agressive, but warmer.

The Mistral is louder to neighbors, the Quat-D is quieter, but possibly louder to the rider, because of the outlets proximity to the rider. The sound of the Quat-D increases as you lean to the side of the exhaust outlet, as the sound resonates off the asphalt, and decreases when you lean the other way. Riding along a cliff wall also has a nice effect. :grin: I have not listened to M4s.

I've got three sets of the carbon M4's from MPH. They sound great at idle and get quiet as you gain speed so as to not be irritating on a long ride. They fit up easily and are well made. M4's have gone to a different design on my last set. They are a bit shorter and the carbon fiber used wasn't as black. Matched my Cafe Sport color a lot better. Almost like it was made for that particular bike.

I've heard a Quat-D. Didn't like its harsh sound. I do like the design though. Just didn't sound that good to me. Mistrals boom more than the M4's, but sound pretty good.

Just my opinion.............

Wick