Group Buy for M4 exhausts

FalcoLion

I've got three sets of the carbon M4's from MPH. They sound great at idle and get quiet as you gain speed so as to not be irritating on a long ride. They fit up easily and are well made. M4's have gone to a different design on my last set. They are a bit shorter and the carbon fiber used wasn't as black. Matched my Cafe Sport color a lot better. Almost like it was made for that particular bike.

I've heard a Quat-D. Didn't like its harsh sound. I do like the design though. Just didn't sound that good to me. Mistrals boom more than the M4's, but sound pretty good.

Just my opinion.............

Wick

Just to add - The M4s sound really nice at all RPMS, very deep with stock crossover. A little louder and less deep with a FBF crossover. Fit & finish are top shelf.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aluminum

Carbon

Titanium

Great prices, nice of you to make the offer, but AFAIC, the only reason to swap out the stock muffs is to save weight [altho, on the 2003+ bikes, a real performance gain could be realized by eliminating any restriction caused by the cats...] Yeah, yeah, I know: some people actually think the aftermarket options look better; I'm in the minority here: I actually think the stock pipes look good! :grin:

So, any indication of what the total weight saved vs. the stock pipes would be realized by the 3 different options?

Call me curious...

:bike:

Great prices, nice of you to make the offer, but AFAIC, the only reason to swap out the stock muffs is to save weight [altho, on the 2003+ bikes, a real performance gain could be realized by eliminating any restriction caused by the cats...] Yeah, yeah, I know: some people actually think the aftermarket options look better; I'm in the minority here: I actually think the stock pipes look good! :grin:

So, any indication of what the total weight saved vs. the stock pipes would be realized by the 3 different options?

Call me curious...

Based on what I know of these pipes and also my experience with my other Italian beauty Aprilia Falco I would say a savings of about 10 pounds on each sides. Besides M4s look much nicer and more fitting this great machine. You got to remember that when factory releases the bikes they try to balance the cost/performance/appearance and for the most part Cost is always in first position. Then they concentrate on performance which is usually not fully realized/available due to emmissions and only then apperance.

Question for all on the M4's. The ones I have seen on other bikes (never seen one in person on a Guzzi) all had a bright red M4 logo. Do all have these or are they removable?

Randy

As far as I know they all have this logo. I can find out if the logo is removable. Anyone who is in possession of better knowledge are welcomed to chime in

Call me curious...

The Quat-D weighed more than one stock muffler, but less than the combination of one stock muffler and the stock crossover(without catalyst).

Probably about half of the combined crossoover and two OEM mufflers.

I weighed by feel, not by scale.

M4's are light compared to the factory boat anchors. The red M4 logo's are removable by drilling out the rivets and either replacing the rivets in black, or, as Mr Haven did on my Cafe Sport, simply covered with a really cool silver aluminum stick-on that has a Guzzi-like Eagle on it made for that purpose. Call MPH for details..........

Wick

M4's are light compared to the factory boat anchors. The red M4 logo's are removable by drilling out the rivets and either replacing the rivets in black, or, as Mr Haven did on my Cafe Sport, simply covered with a really cool silver aluminum stick-on that has a Guzzi-like Eagle on it made for that purpose. Call MPH for details..........

Wick

Thanks, Wick

I started to post much the same info,

went to check on something, and came back to a confused computer.

Might even have a few stickers left, but it may take a while to dig em up.

M4s are now coming with a black/grey emblem that stands out less.

This thread is somewhat puzzling to me. 344 views, a couple of posts and one email. I am just wondering if all Moto Guzzi owners like to ride with stock pipes or everyone already got theirs already. :unsure: I looked at classifieds and pre-owned Guzzi Titanium exhausts is being sold for $1000 (it does include new CPU) :huh2:

This thread is somewhat puzzling to me. 344 views, a couple of posts and one email. I am just wondering if all Moto Guzzi owners like to ride with stock pipes or everyone already got theirs already. :unsure: I looked at classifieds and pre-owned Guzzi Titanium exhausts is being sold for $1000 (it does include new CPU) :huh2:

Dude, WHEN I am ready to do the exhaust, this is a viable option for me. However, since the total bill will have to include a PC3, and I do't have an extra $1000 laying around right now, I won't be ordering. You shouldn't be surprised that a group of guys scattered all over the world aren't all ready to replace their exhaust at the exact moment you are offering a deal!

When I am ready, I'll check with you and if you have any at a competetive price, I might be a player, but unless you are willing to buy them in a large enough lot to get a price break, and stock them until the V11 world is ready to buy, I don't think you will be able to put together a group in a timely manner.

I have not met anyone on here personally except for Callison and Todd, but feel I know you guys pretty well, and hope you guys have gotten to know me through this great forum. (BTW, if you haven't considered becoming a "Gold Member" let me encourage you to do so. Jaap deserves it!)

As some of you know, I bought my LeMans on ebay after totaling my aprilia SL mille two years ago. This great forum, a gift from Japp, was instrumental in helping me to make the right decision. I found my MG Ti exhaust system through MPH and have been nothing short of pleased, especially since I took my bike down to Houston and had it serviced, including properly setting up the new chip and fuel flow.

However, I want everyone on here to know that I also know Falco Lion (Vlad) from the AF1 aprilia forum and have done business with him. I can personally vouch for his integrity and customer service. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could almost swear he has been a sponser on this forum in times past.

Too bad we have to pick which V11 fan/retailer we buy from, Gregg included, but we should be thankful we even have a choice.

I vote Garsdad as "DUDE" of the Day! :2c::bier:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have not met anyone on here personally except for Callison and Todd, but feel I know you guys pretty well, and hope you guys have gotten to know me through this great forum. (BTW, if you haven't considered becoming a "Gold Member" let me encourage you to do so. Jaap deserves it!)

As some of you know, I bought my LeMans on ebay after totaling my aprilia SL mille two years ago. This great forum, a gift from Japp, was instrumental in helping me to make the right decision. I found my MG Ti exhaust system through MPH and have been nothing short of pleased, especially since I took my bike down to Houston and had it serviced, including properly setting up the new chip and fuel flow.

However, I want everyone on here to know that I also know Falco Lion (Vlad) from the AF1 aprilia forum and have done business with him. I can personally vouch for his integrity and customer service. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could almost swear he has been a sponser on this forum in times past.

Too bad we have to pick which V11 fan/retailer we buy from, Gregg included, but we should be thankful we even have a choice.

I vote Garsdad as "DUDE" of the Day! :2c::bier:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks Phil for kind words. I haven't been a sponsor yet but I am considering it. I got to do a little more research on what I can get for these great bikes (cross application from other makes). As soon as I gather a little more info I will be able to evaluate my ability to offer extended range of products then it will make more sense to me.