Where's the Solenoid?

mznyc

Tryng to trouble shoot an electrical problem and several people suggested checking solenoid.Cant find picture or location of it in shop manual or owners manual. :huh2:

Sorry for the stupid question,hopefully will have an update to original thread soon!http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9961

Thanks,

Michael

:stupid:

Looks like I answered my own question.

The big cannister under the feul tank?

Tryng to trouble shoot an electrical problem and several people suggested checking solenoid.Cant find picture or location of it in shop manual or owners manual. :huh2:

Sorry for the stupid question,hopefully will have an update to original thread soon!http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9961

Thanks,

Michael

Looks like I answered my own question.

The big cannister under the feul tank?

What is your electircal problem? There is a solenoid on the starter.

Do you mean the starter solenoid? It is attached to the top of the starter motor which is situated on the lower left hand side of the bike to the rear of your gearchange lever. It may be hidden behind a plastic cover.

If you suspect it is sticking, try tapping it with a bit of wood to wake it up.

Guy :helmet:

What is your electircal problem? There is a solenoid on the starter.

Maybe the person who suggested MZNYC "check the solenoid" intended to steer him to the block of relays?

After all, a solenoid (as used for 'lectric starter motors) is basically just an extra-super-heavy-duty relay...

Best o' luck!

:luigi:

Thanks guys,I started a thread here ,http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9961,which will expain the problem.I'll put an update on that today.

Guest Gary Cheek

You might do well if you can find a local who is familiar with vehicle electrick systems. Very easy at this point to break more than is fixed. Sure wish you lived in Deetroyit area.

It sounds like you are about to look in an area quite a bit removed from the scene of the original crime. Have you tried a light bulb in place of the blown fuse and probing the harness in the area you were working when the problem first came about?

Hi Gary,

This may be the only time Ive said that I wished I lived in Detroit :D .

Now your really scaring me about getting into the harness.

The main reason I'm looking for advice is that I don't want to damage anything else because I am admittingly clueless in the bike's electrical system.

You don't agree with what dlaing is suggesting to check the starter solenoid.The fuse blows when I hit the starter button,clueless me asked ,aren't those two things related?Unfortunatly the bike is in a remote area in upstste NY in the Catskills.100 miles from the city and a good 60-70 miles to the nearest dealer so I think I got to figure this out,unless any locals will work for food(Im a hellava cook) and beer or good bottle of wine or two.

Thanks,

Michael