What I have here is a failure to lubricate!

ShiftyAl

Well, I wouldn't run a 'broad sump' model without one but seeing as I'm the manufacturer and a self serving and venal bastard to boot any suggestion I make would be solely self promoting rubbish designed to fleece the gullible :grin: .

Nah, do a search on 'Sloppage Sheet' and I think you'll get most of what you need regarding the history of the manufacture and design of the wretched thing. I'm currently out of stock but am about to have another batch made. Alternatively I think that Moto International and MPH may well still have some in stock so you could give them a yell.

Pete

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I wouldn't run a 'broad sump' model without one but seeing as I'm the manufacturer and a self serving and venal bastard to boot any suggestion I make would be solely self promoting rubbish designed to fleece the gullible :grin: .

Is the Sporti sump identical to the V11 one? I don't seem to have any starvation issues but I'm interested in lessening the windage.

Is the Sporti sump identical to the V11 one? I don't seem to have any starvation issues but I'm interested in lessening the windage.

As long as your sump has a 'Manhole cover' to access the filter it's the same unit and the plate will fit. It is strange that Sporti's don't seem to suffer from the problem of pick-up exposure but Hi-Cams and V11's do????

Pete

As long as your sump has a 'Manhole cover' to access the filter it's the same unit and the plate will fit. It is strange that Sporti's don't seem to suffer from the problem of pick-up exposure but Hi-Cams and V11's do????

Pete

A scarying :o theory could be it's because I almost can't see the signal lights unless I tuck down and really try to - the wind screen is in the way.

Put me up for one, whenever you make them.

• 1 month later...

Well......it seems I lucked out! :bike:

I removed the old bearing gunk on the crank with some strips of 2000 grit sandpaper and an hour later it was mirror-polished. I put in new bearings, a NEW oil filter and new sump gaskets. I primed the oil pump by turning her over sans plugs to witness the oil light NOT glowing and decided to put them in and start her up.

She ran beautifully and I've since put over a hundred miles on her. All seems well and the whole thing only cost me 65 bucks and perhaps a bit of needless wear and tear on the motor. Either way......I'm back on the bike and happy as hell that I didn't have to completely tear down the motor!

THANKS to everyone for the advice and guidance.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays together!

Alan

:D pleased to hear your back on the road shifty. without too much expense or dramas. on another note..

not being one to carry rumours,,,but i have been informed! by a reliable source that a luxury ocean going cruiser was seen off shore of our central coast, on a northerly heading. my informant has read the name of the vessal as the ''roper plate'' from information received. i believe it is bound to birth in the hastings river

port macquarie by friday. after leaving bungendore peninsula. there was one report that a yellow object

was secured on the deck at the bough carrying the symbol of an eagle.

i shall inform if i have further information such big spending by the captain whilst in port.

i have received a description of the captain owner. described as..smilling , average height , plumpish,

bespecaled man, easily identified by the large gold plate which hangs at his breast on a solid gold chain around his neck. :rasta: