So sick of ecochondriacs

Sustainability  

17 members have voted

1. 1. So, when is it reasonable to stuff it to nature?

• 100 years of technological partying
    • 1000 years of more moderate tech.
    • 10000 years growing and eating turnips
    • 100000 years hunting rabbits, searching for berries and eating each other in the winter.
    • Stuff these new religionists, I don't care anyway.

Guest ratchethack

I _knew_ that would flex your pry bar - as it does mine. 8-)

BTW, I think you are rather unfair on Chamberlain.

I think history in general has been quite harsh on Chamberlain, and will continue to be.

http://www.historyguide.org/europe/munich.html

Is history "unfair"? It is what it is. The point was that he had been tragically decieved, and his deception was eagerly and naively swallowed en masse by a desperate populace, still weakened and discouraged not only by a previous war but again by the threat of a new war, and fed a steady diet of disinformation and propaganda, as had most of Europe. Sound at all familiar to what's happening today? :huh2:

There was one man who was neither subject to slick propaganda, NOR to "consensus" opinion, who was roundly criticized -- even vilified -- in the media of his day. Thankfully, he was strong enough not to be swayed. As a result, he was able to save his Nation and most of Europe in the process. Historians have concluded that without him the entire outcome of the war would have gone the other way. He's always been in my Top 3 favorite heroes of all time. -_-

The indoctrination and propaganda techniques perfected by Goebbels have been refined considerably since then, but today the media is infinitely more powerful. They have done their work well up to this very day. We now have large portions of our populations who have become so blinded by disinformation, hatred and prejudice that they are incapable of critical thinking at the level of most children properly taught simple logic and analysis.

Take a look at a post in this thread recently (and thankfully) censored by our moderator and ask yourself how devoid of reason and blinded into childlike malleability, how easily manipulated and led by nothing but emotion adults can become from indiscriminately and willingly swallowing a steady diet of propaganda, hatred and prejudice. <_<

Thus has it always been, so shall it ever be. :huh2:

WRT The "New Paradigm" previously discussed, here's an interesting clip from the text from which the exerpts at the above link were taken:

Even in the limited terms of its own aesthetic politics, the Nazi "New Order" was merely the universality of ugliness. (Michael Burleigh, The Third Reich: A New History (2000, p. 481)

"New Paradigm" and "New Order"? Any similarities at all here? -_-

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry David, I had to take out the explicit pics. No need for those on this forum.

FWIW, Comparing Bush and Cheney directly to Hitler and Goebbels is a bit too much, even for my taste.

This thread bis very close to being closed and NOT archived.

Fine, I resign as moderator.

Go and make someone else a moderator, maybe someone who compares Al Gore and UN scientists to Hitler and Goebbels.

:angry: