do you hate it? *Update

DeBenGuzzi

maybe a Rosso red hugger and a guzzi green front fender, hell I already have the front half of a green fender dang nabbit. Don't know how I would find a back half and having half a fender painted to match would be impossible, maybe paint the whole fender to match the tail so the bike would basically be a green redframe with a Rosso Tank that started out life as a silver sport. This bike has some identiy crisises going on. :grin:

OH BTW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T FORGET TO LOOK AND MAKE SURE THE 'O' RING UNDER THE PETCOCK THINGY IS STILL IN PLACE BEFORE ADDING FUEL. I had to do emergency surgery to stop the bleeding, lost about a gallon on the floor in the process. but she runs like a top and holds her juice now. :luigi:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick a theme and stick with it. Continuity is everything, even when the theme sucks.

The thing with that is other than the rosso corsa or the first lemans none of the tails match the tank, they're just black or grey even on the coppa they only worry about the tanks. So even Guzzi lacks continuity since the original V11 years. :huh2:

and Raz, you mean paint it the original silver it was? :lol:

The thing with that is other than the rosso corsa or the first lemans none of the tails match the tank, they're just black or grey even on the coppa they only worry about the tanks. So even Guzzi lacks continuity since the original V11 years. :huh2:

and Raz, you mean paint it the original silver it was? :lol:

Argh, hard to see in the picture, I thought it was really more to white. :huh2:

Ben:

I think I know where there's a used rear section of a green front fender. Email me at parts@motointernational.com, and I'll send your email to the guy who has it. He also has other green bits, if you're interested in them.

FWIW, I do not think those particular shades of green and red look good together, though I love them individually.

NO matter what you do some will love it and some will hate it I think I've gotten decent reviews all things considered. I really thought it was going to be worse. I can't wait to get out and ride this beast already. :bike:

Hey, you may start a new trend.

I always thought busy helmet graphics and multi colored leathers were for fantasy racer wannabes, but now they make up a majority of the sport bike market :huh2:

icon-jack.jpg

I don't know what turn signals to go with but I'd like something smaller, the stock ones look worse out to the sides than down like this, trust me. I made a nice mud guard back there out of a thick potting bucket and some zip ties :luigi:

DSC_1804.jpg

DSC_1805.jpg

DSC_1803.jpg

DSC_1802.jpg

The engine has looked so clean in a long time, who knew dumping a gallon or so of gas all over it would clean it right up :lol:

Ben, it looks so much better in natural light. For me, I would live with it for a while because there are some nice colour matches when it is outside. The grey fender bit matches the seat, the front fender bit matches the tailpiece and the fairing matches the pipes. I think you need a black frame now as the red frame and porkchops get a little busy but that is my opinion.With a black frame the porkchops would balance the tank a little better and then you may just have a winner. I think you are doing well!

Cheers!

Jim

Ben, don't listen to Jim, will you?

Go get that colour bike inside the garage and keep it there.

Maybe you are a nice guy, with a great job, lovely wife and well educated children, but style is not for sale.

You have it or not!

It's difficult to tell you which colour combination is in the colour stair.

You can watch it in the rainbow.

There is a perfect symbiosis for the colours as for the nature.

You cannot brake or mutate this with a wild idea.

In a few words, the colours you choose does not combine with each other.