Crack-proof V11S headers...

RacerX

Prototypes are done, and testing will be going on this week to see if I can break them. ;)

We're going to be doing an exchange of sorts (using only the stock spigot, the rest is all new stainless). We will not be offering any type of front crossover option(s).

If anyone wants a set, contact me direct. Target pricing is $300~350/pr.

The weld on the straight section will not exist on the final set:

V11-SSHdrs-1.jpg

V11-SSHdrs-2.jpg

Guest ratchethack

Outstanding, Todd. Big Dan C. will be on the top o' y'er list, no doubt.

Todd, since we're friends, I know you know there's no malice aforethought intended in the following chop busting. ;)

With that in mind, since these are "crack proof" and testing will be completed this week ;):lol: , would you mind answering a Q?

Wot gauge and grade, por favor? :huh2:

TIA :thumbsup:

and testing will be completed this week ;):lol:

Ratchet, since we're uh, you know...friends, I know you know there's no malice aforethought intended in the following chop busting. ;)

He did NOT say the testing would be completed this week....

But otherwise, excellent question :drink:

With that in mind, since these are "crack proof" and testing will be completed this week ;):lol: , would you mind answering a Q?

Wot gauge and grade, por favor?

304 Stainless Steel - 16 gage (.065) -- it's not in the materials, it's in the construction that has proven itself far less then adequate.

Most of the more rigorous "testing" will take place next Monday (April 2) at Laguna Seca... as I've been averaging well over 200 (on track) miles each time there instructing with; RideRedShift.com.

And to clarify, we will *NOT* produce any with a front crossover.

Sure would be nice if you could make a set with crossovers! Really, nice job.

Thanks and no need to.. the dyno has shown that the front crossover offers no value, and I like not having the engineered exhaust leak, and headaches of assembly (and for handfuls; rattling noises), as well as additional materials and labor to construct. ;)

Thanks and no need to.. the dyno has shown that the front crossover offers no value, and I like not having the engineered exhaust leak, and headaches of assembly (and for handfuls; rattling noises), as well as additional materials and labor to construct. ;)

Make a proper 2->1 like the Griso's so we can ditch the stock "pre-muffler" & forego having to get a Stucchi and you might have something, but as yet, I don't need to swap out the headers [already paid for a set of the special SS gaskets for the front x-over, don'tcha know!]

Not to diminish your work; looks great, but until I run into problems w/ the stock units, I'm not part of your target market. And until I replace the stock collector for a Stucchi, I'm keeping the front x-over. :huh2:

thanks for developing these alternatives tho'!

:mg:

?? What problem ??

Haven't seen a "cracked header" thread.

Though on having just done my spring cleaning I was

wondering about strange strirations on my pipes.

ANY WAY......Just wanted to say$300 for a set of stailess

steel headers is.... WOW! Wish I could find some for my SP !!!

?? What problem ??

Haven't seen a "cracked header" thread.

Though on having just done my spring cleaning I was

wondering about strange strirations on my pipes.

ANY WAY......Just wanted to say$300 for a set of stailess

steel headers is.... WOW! Wish I could find some for my SP !!!

Off the top of my head - my - 03 lemans, Bill Hagan - Billabob and Tomsp - cliff diving lemans. I think Jaap also said his. I'm sure theres loads more.

My whole systen is knacked, the collector/can joints have thined out, I've had brackets snap, and issues with the balance pipe joints.

• 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my head - my - 03 lemans, Bill Hagan - Billabob and Tomsp - cliff diving lemans. I think Jaap also said his. I'm sure theres loads more.

My whole systen is knacked, the collector/can joints have thined out, I've had brackets snap, and issues with the balance pipe joints.

I replied to Todd elsewhere on this, and am eager to swap out the @#$% stock for his, as I am sick of the bleating exhaust leak up front and fractured header pipes diminishing what is otherwise a great joy of a motorcycle.

Besides, I even convinced Kathi that I need to put these on to help sell the Ballabio--something I don't really want to do, but said I would when I bought the Norge. Todd's helping by giving me another, "But, dear, I have so much $ invested, it would be unwise to let it go now" routine. :D