New Pipes

macguzzi

Well went for a long run tonight those pipes are such an improvement, at slow town speeds the throttle is more responsive, no more stuttering at 1000-2000 rpm and the claim for increased hp seems certainly true. Quiet at tickover but boy are they loud when on the open road, they have a fab growl to them.

Guest NotRight

Skeeve, I think you've probably got the same take on cans as I do. Ever wonder why it is that more "local" guys don't fab these things up -- nice re-packable, modular ones that'd be optimized f'er the Guzzi powerband? Seems to me there's a horrendous markup on 'em. How hard could it be to whip out a few runs as needed with healthy margin at about half the price of the "big's"?? :huh2:

I'm not knowledgeable about all brands but, they're probably not marked up as much as the cost has been lowered and no one but the accountants know how much.

Typically we are getting quotes from China and India for aluminum castings about 1/7 of the price locally. of course shipping is expensive.

I'll tell ya. A lot of these castings are garbage. We could do better in a shed. Doesn't matter cause purchasing people don't know squat except $$$.

Right now I am spending several hours a week at work participating in "the team" to help an indian supplier to stop producing 100% scrap and guiding gullible purchasing now caught with their pants down cause this may delay a high profile project.

All you guys know that the business degree people will send us over to actually train them...our future competitors. We ship over entire maching lines. And then these clowns act like its all their intellectual doing.

If you work in this field, next time someone from an indian or chinese company starts boasting about how many cylinder heads they make, ask them if they built the tooling. Or did Peugot just ship it over and helped turn the lights on?

Greed is the theme.

• 8 months later...

Have you folks thought about contacting Price Sloan in So Cal? He makes Quota pipes and Todd Egans Griso RS and LS pipes as well as some tonti pipes. He could probably whip up some nice spiney pipes to suit your needs, and lower volumes is his forte, his prices are good as well