Been a little busy...

Richard Z

A mate of mine has just bought the latest version of the ZX10 in green with twin Akrapovics- I'm not normally a big fan of the plasticky sports bikes but I must admit it looks awesome in the flesh- much cleaner lines than a GSXR1000.

Unfortunately I just found out that Jason (the guy I mentioned above) had a really bad accident a few days ago. Seems as though no other vehicle was involved, but he failed to brake in time for a roundabout at the end of a dual carriageway. He has had to have one of his legs amputated after it got infected, his other leg, arms and pelvis are shattered, and he is in an induced coma while he is in intensive care. He's a tough guy and I would bet on him pulling through.

Take it easy out there.

Guy :helmet:

Unfortunately I just found out that Jason (the guy I mentioned above) had a really bad accident a few days ago. Seems as though no other vehicle was involved, but he failed to brake in time for a roundabout at the end of a dual carriageway. He has had to have one of his legs amputated after it got infected, his other leg, arms and pelvis are shattered, and he is in an induced coma while he is in intensive care. He's a tough guy and I would bet on him pulling through.

Take it easy out there.

Guy :helmet:

I'm real sorry to hear that. The build of this bike was due to an accident I had last September. I too was worried with the loss of a leg. However, modern medicine and a lot of rehab I am walking fine now. Just one hell of a scar. I won't be running anytime soon, but I am able to work and support my habit and family..

IM000752.jpg

IM000753.jpg

Those pics were taken 45 days after the accident.

Wish him well for the rest of us riders. He is in our prayers...

Richard Z.

I should be riding it by Friday.

motorcycle068.jpg

And getting outta sight gas mileage, I'll bet. :grin:

(nicely done, btw- not my cup of tea for a bike, but that's an outstanding job by any account)

And getting outta sight gas mileage, I'll bet. :grin:

(nicely done, btw- not my cup of tea for a bike, but that's an outstanding job by any account)

The carbs are still out being serviced. I couldn't even get close to the correct tune. I found someone that will bench sync and road test them prior to delivery. So they should be here next week.

Richard Z.