Been a little busy...

Richard Z

I started reassembly of the KZR1 last week. Got the frame back from powder coat and have been coating plenty of parts myself. I have to finish the brakes and suspension. I upgraded the brakes with Shindy Cylinder and new braided lines.

Here are som pics of the progress. BTW, last monday was 80 degrees. Tonight the low is 18 degrees. I hate Kansas.

Disassembled frame ready for blast and coat.

motorcycle048.jpg

Coated parts. I have two ovens in the kitchen.

motorcycle049.jpg

motorcycle052.jpg

motorcycle054.jpg

motorcycle059.jpg

motorcycle056.jpg

Richard Z.

:thumbsup: good job! looks good, can't wait for your version of nashville skyline rag.. :bier:

I started reassembly of the KZR1 last week. Got the frame back from powder coat and have been coating plenty of parts myself. I have to finish the brakes and suspension. I upgraded the brakes with Shindy Cylinder and new braided lines.

Here are som pics of the progress. BTW, last monday was 80 degrees. Tonight the low is 18 degrees. I hate Kansas.

Disassembled frame ready for blast and coat.

motorcycle048.jpg

Coated parts. I have two ovens in the kitchen.

motorcycle049.jpg

motorcycle052.jpg

motorcycle054.jpg

motorcycle059.jpg

motorcycle056.jpg

Richard Z.

Just a couple of more pics... Its been wet and rainy the past couple days, so I'm getting alot done.

Galfer screwed me and sent the wrong brake line for the rear and they are not returning my calls or emails.

motorcycle066.jpg

motorcycle065.jpg

motorcycle064.jpg

motorcycle063.jpg

motorcycle062.jpg

motorcycle061.jpg

Still finishing the carbs. I should have them together by the weekend.

Richard Z.

Nice work Richard. Are you going to sell it after the restoration is complete?

There is one on Ebay right now that has a bid of $10,000. So maybe in 10 years it might double that. So my answer is NO.... I spent too long looking and rebuilding to sell it. Besides, my next project is a 1979 GS1000S Wes Cooley Replica. They will look good in the living room together.

I guess I don't understand this reply:

I ask the moderators, all of you, a human gesture by this post.

It’s not the post, but the contents of it. And I mean, not the words, but the graphical signals

Did I do something wrong?

Ok to offset the Lawson replica Pics. I'll share a pic of my Guzzi. Yes thats me.. In the Living Room.

motorcycle039.jpg

Richard Z.

Guest ratchethack

Did I do something wrong?

On the contrary, Richard. I reckon there's an Italian-English-by-way-of-Holland translation thing at work here. :P

I'm sure Antonio is expressing appreciation. I can't imagine ANYONE who wouldn't recognize and appreciate this kind of excellence when they see it!! :notworthy: I, for one, confess to a certain amount of ENVY, since these are the kinds of projects I aspire to myself! Keep up the good work, and keep us in the loop, please! :thumbsup:

your doing a grand job Richard, i used to have a gpz750 (red)they are cool looking bikes especially in kawa green. show us the finished bike in all its glory :race::thumbsup:

Gary

:thumbsup: What a great job on that bike. The 1000R belongs to the legendary Kwaks ,at the time where

1000cc was a mans job to handle.This definatelly is a classic,my fisrt big bike was a GPZ900R which I had more than 10yrs ago,nice bke it was , till I saw that Guzzi!!

Richard,

No, you did not do nothing wrong, I really appreciate your devotion and professional tribute to rebuild or restaurate your Bike.

Only this is not appropriate for me to see how good and how great result all this work is getting through for the restoration for a Jappo bike in a Very Italian forum.

Be my guest to post your own inspiration and end result but do not get mad if somebody on the forum does have comments on it. It’s all in the game.

Friendly greetings, Antonio

Richard,

No, you did not do nothing wrong, I really appreciate your devotion and professional tribute to rebuild or restaurate your Bike.

Only this is not appropriate for me to see how good and how great result all this work is getting through for the restoration for a Jappo bike in a Very Italian forum.

Be my guest to post your own inspiration and end result but do not get mad if somebody on the forum does have comments on it. It’s all in the game.

Friendly greetings, Antonio

I'm good.. No harm taken or given... I thought maybe I violated the forum about posting. To me its not about the brand of bike but the camaraderie that goes with riding. I'm not partial to Kawasaki or Japanese makes just history of motorcycles. The Eddie Lawson is one of those sought after restorations. I'll be more careful when posting my next restoration. The 1979 Suzuki GS1000S Wes Cooley Replica. 1 of 535 built.

motorcycle034.jpg

wescooleygs1000s.jpg

Richard Z.

...... a Very Italian forum....

This ain't an Italian forum. It's a Moto Guzzi Riders forum isn't it? Don't see why any non Guzzi should be more or less welcome than any other, wherever it's made. Richard, good luck to you mate. I'm pleased to read what you're up to. This forum isn't defined by nationality (bike or rider) but by attitude.

KB :sun:

Nice bike Richard- I always used to lust after big Kwacks.

I used to have a nice black GPZ1000RX when I was a youngster- fast as **** in a straight line but it was a handful around the bends.

A mate of mine has just bought the latest version of the ZX10 in green with twin Akrapovics- I'm not normally a big fan of the plasticky sports bikes but I must admit it looks awesome in the flesh- much cleaner lines than a GSXR1000.

Guy :helmet: