This looks promising... anyone here supercharged?

juicersr

I am currently in the throes of supercharging my '87 Porsche 928. I am using an Autorotor 2.2 liter twin-screw pump driven with a 6 rib belt off of the front of the crankshaft.

The issues are:

locating the pump (they are kinda large)

determining the drive system (they need a fair amount of force to turn)

routing the induction system (welding tubing is a lousy hobby)

re-calibrating the fuel delivery system (injector size, fuel rail pressure, fuel pump)

re-mapping the A/F map in the ECU (because of the step above) (requires sophisticated electronics and a dyno)

controlling the throttle when you are done (tires and tickets are expensive) :homer:

Almost1.jpg

alex did a geat job, but as mentioned, no go in a spine framed guzzi. Get a griso 850 and send it to him to do the job. There should be room enough there.

If ever there was a motor begging to be supercharged it's the little Griso :grin: .

Personally I can't see the point though. If you want something with lots more mumbo buy something that has it straight out of the box. Forced induction is never easy or cheap and for petrol engines it's a horrible series of compromises. On a diesel? Now yer torkin!!!!! :thumbsup:

Pete

If ever there was a motor begging to be supercharged it's the little Griso :grin: .

Personally I can't see the point though. If you want something with lots more mumbo buy something that has it straight out of the box. Forced induction is never easy or cheap and for petrol engines it's a horrible series of compromises. On a diesel? Now yer torkin!!!!! :thumbsup:

Pete

Works nicely for rotory engines too!

180px-Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

I have to keep my eyes peeled for a Mazda Turbo engine to throw on the V11 chasis :food:

Although the non-turbo would be a lot easier to install :unsure:

but probably just another dumb idea :(

Works nicely for rotory engines too!

180px-Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

I have to keep my eyes peeled for a Mazda Turbo engine to throw on the V11 chasis :food:

Although the non-turbo would be a lot easier to install :unsure:

but probably just another dumb idea :(

yep. a dumb idea. you do remmember that suzuki thingy! :huh2:

yep. a dumb idea. you do remmember that suzuki thingy! :huh2:

The Suzuki was an over-weight bomb.

Mazda has made great progress with rotaries.

Once they started turbo-charging they got a whole lot of zoom-zoom ®

Still for a motorcycle, the Mazda rotaries are a bit big.

The best option might be the RX-8's

13B-MSP RENESIS

I think it would be the best option because the got the power of the 13B single turbo out of the 13B. So it is lighter and more simple than the turbo version.

Mazda_rotary_engine.jpg

Damn it is BFUgly

And, still a big and way more power than needed.

If only they made one with half the bulk and power.

There are some smaller wankels avalible than the Mazda's they tend to be used as the propulsion for slef launching gliders. Schemp Hirth sp? seem to be pretty keen on them. As Peugeot said when releasing its compressor scooter because its cool.