Moto Guzzi "Adventure Tourer"

joe camarda

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had this already here some time ago

true but I like it more the second time around, tho I think they might be a few years too late I don't think that advtour or dualsports will be as big a deal by the time it hits the street, seems these things go in cycles and guzzi's either just ahead or behind the current trends. Something can be said for not following the trend but then I think they're trying to :huh2:

Guest Nogbad

It's way too heavy. Personally I think the BMW GS is overweight for this sort of purpose, but at least it has a lot of development behind it, and a lower centre of gravity. The Stelvio looks like a styling exercise, sort of "lets make a thing that looks a bit like a GS out of some Breva bits" errr no, I don't think so. The huge top heavy donk will be a fragile liability off the beaten track. Even the Buell Uly is a better concept than this thing. At least Erik put some proper thought into it, and if the rider happens to be 6'4" and built like Arnie the Uly would probably not be that bad off the road.

You want an adventure tourer? You want a KTM.

Anyone remember a weird 70's car called a Matra Rancho? This was a Simca of some sort dolled up to look rough and tough, but underneath the plastic, raised suspension and chunky grille and tyres lurked a crap FWD Simca Horizon. It was shit.

That's the Stelvio

Nice Italian BMW, well with a bit of blnd of TDM on the front fairing,

At least these people can copy what is popular.

It's way too heavy. Personally I think the BMW GS is overweight for this sort of purpose,

You want an adventure tourer? You want a KTM.

Well ,both of these bikes you mention have the same weight, :whistle: thought the BMW has 200cc more (from the 990 adventure , don't see any other bigger KTM in this class)

So why at one occation the BMW is heavy and at the other not..lol. since it lso has good handlng as well.

But I bet the Bemmer has better handling and reliability than the KTM in general aspects

About the new models of Moto Guzzi, rumor: the 1200 sport will be coming with a 8v engine... :P::mg:

When then?

Multiple choice answers.

a.When they run out of the 2V motors they have currently on stock.

b.When they finnally develop a 4V engine.

c.It is just a rumor, people use to live with rumors and hopes 'till the day that this something

perhaps can be true.And if it doesnt , who cares , it was a rumor anyway.

d.All the above.

e. When the sun will rise from the west

I think the Stelvio has the potential to be an excellent bike. If its a big chunky thing then who cares? All big Guzzis are heavy, and if it has the 4 valve motor the power to weight ratio will be better. Nobody rides these "adventure tourers" off road anyway, except on TV where they always drop 'em. If I wanted to off road I would buy a cheap 125 two stroke, or maybe an XT600 if I needed to ride around the world.

The plus points will hopefully be big comfy seat and suspension for crappy British roads, nice tall riding position and torquey motor.

Guzzi will never sell more than the trendy GS, but I think they can sell a fair few and I am sure it will be more reliable than the 1200GS which has a poor reputation amongst the BMW folk, some of whom are swapping back to the older heavier 1150GS.

Guy :helmet:

HHHmmmm,

Not for me....... :moon:

It looks a like the break dancing Citroen from the 'Alive with Technology' ads. ^_^

It would be waaayyyy too tall for me anyway.... :huh:

I like the wheels though :pic:

Nige. B)

Guest Nogbad

Yeah Nogbad, Erik put some thought into the Ullysees......"How can we cash in on this adventure sports thing?" :D

So, just the same as the Stelvio then! :bbblll: