Nero Corsa Valve Adjustment...

rocker59

Good day all,

Just got done greasing the driveline and adjusting the valves on my Nero Corsa.

Going off memory, I set them at .15mm intake and .25mm exhaust. Then, I happened to look at the decal on the hugger and saw the Guzzi recommendation of .15mm and .20........

So my question to you is, "what's the latest hot setup for valve clearance on the V11 Sport/LeMans ???"

I run .10mm intake and .15mm exhaust on my 1996 Sport 1100, which was "World Spec" back at that time, and it runs great!!!

This is the first time I've set the valves on this fairly-new-to-me Nero Corsa...

Let's hear it !!! :luigi:

I run .10mm intake and .15mm exhaust on my 1996 Sport 1100, which was "World Spec" back at that time, and it runs great!!!

Mike. Same same as your 1100 Sport. 0.1 inlet 0.15 exhaust. or 4 and 6 thou in real language :grin: . As you know most of the 1100 motors have 'US' and 'World' spec settings, these were purely noise related. With the *New* motors for the Breva/Griso etc everything has reverted to 4 and 6, presumably because the variable compressability of the kingerlite gaskets has been removed. While I've never heard of anyone burning a valve at 2 and 4 bikes set up that way have been known to stall at traffic lights after a hard flog.

Pete

Thanks Pete!

I guess I set the Nero a little loose. It does make that nice Guzzi tick-tick-tick sound now!

I guess I'll reset it to .10mm / .15mm tomorrow...

So what was the deal with them recommending .15 / .20 on the emmisions sticker ???

Thanks Pete!

I guess I set the Nero a little loose. It does make that nice Guzzi tick-tick-tick sound now!

I guess I'll reset it to .10mm / .15mm tomorrow...

So what was the deal with them recommending .15 / .20 on the emmisions sticker ???

A tapping tappet is a happy tappet. Insures a complete combustion and exhaust stroke. Just bought a '04 Nero Corse myself, first Guzzi, have had only air cooled twins so far, set enough valves to know this; Looser is ALWAYS better, in this arena...

A tapping tappet is a happy tappet. Insures a complete combustion and exhaust stroke. Just bought a '04 Nero Corse myself, first Guzzi, have had only air cooled twins so far, set enough valves to know this; Looser is ALWAYS better, in this arena...

Did you buy the one from Ferracci ???

Well, the Guzzi gurus in Holland (TLM, Motortoer, etc...) all say 0.10/0.15 is too tight. Those are the factory settings intended for noise/emission standards. My bike runs happily with 0.2/0.22.

A tapping tappet is a happy tappet.

:D I'm going to use this one! Too bad it doesn't translate well into Dutch.

Well, I reset 'em this morning to .10mm / .15mm and went for a 150 mile ride.

Bike seems to run just fine.

They were really tight (and quiet) when I first pulled the valve covers yesterday. Either they had tightened up a lot since the previous owner had them checked, or the dealer who serviced the bike set 'em to California specs.

Either way, the bike actually feels a little different with the valves set at .10mm and .15mm, especially in the 5,000 rpm range...

Did you buy the one from Ferracci ???

Yeah, sure did, should be here next week, CAN"T WAIT, will update my New Member file when I truly have it in my possesion...Savagehenry

"Real Motorcycles only come in three colors, Black, Blue or Black..." :bike:

I recently retorqued my heads and set the valves to 0.15/0.20. I noticed that the handle bar seemed to buzz a little more. has anyone else experienced this? About the only other thing I noticed is that my fuel economy went from 35 mpg to about 40 mpg. I think that may have more to the motor breaking than the valves but I could be wrong.

Dave