. Riden by David Essex

Silver Dream Racer, I belive the intrest of this bike bulit by Barton engineering was bought out by Eric Buell only for the project to founder the Buell RW 750 Road Warrior

13943.jpg

. Riden by David Essex

Silver Dream Racer, I belive the intrest of this bike bulit by Barton engineering was bought out by Eric Buell only for the project to founder the Buell RW 750 Road Warrior

I believe you are right. The motor was the Phoenix race engine and although I am not entirely sure I think it was a 750 square four intended for the Formula 750 class but the actual Silver Dream racer was a 500.

The Barton 750 was also used in a sidecar outfit that raced at the Isle of Man

I recall it was Barton Motors not Barton Engineering but again that was many years ago.

All I can tell you is 750cc square four rotary valve two stroke, guess at development would be Scott, or yamaha did have same bore and stroke as yamaha, did have some sucess in sidecar racing as the Barton Phoenix 750cc

I think your being a bit fusy here got 99% in first post, It's only speculation of what the bike was a development of fact was it was a load of rubbish prone to grenading