Suspension

Baldini

Put 10N/mm (same as 10KG?) springs into Scura forks, I'm 200 0dd lb inc gear, well am I happy? Wahaaaayy!!

Thank you Murray you were dead right. Never mind farting about with damping settings, & maxing preload, get the right springs!! Now they work. R1's, 999's - bring em on. Happy? Shit? Pig in? Me - Yeah!

And I still gotta install the 100 rear spring !! Who said it didn't handle...me?

Even though I knew I needed them (210lbs nekkid on a good day) I've been avoiding thinking about getting new springs for my Scura. Damn as if I don't have enough things fighting for my money these days...

Maybe I'll save them for my Christmas list or something...

Cheers,javascript:emoticon(':bike:')

johnk

John,

Do it!

The bike is so much better. The forks feel like they've come into the range where they are actually working and all the adjustments you make are subtle changes rather than pumping up everything to max & hanging on... now it tracks the road, gives real feel but also a real plush ride - I'd begun to wonder why people rated Ohlins...Heh!Heh!

I paid a bit over £100 (UK) for front & rear springs. Be sure to talk with someone who knows rates, you may need one up from mine.

Cheers,

KB, Wales :sun:

Dunno what they are rated at but they are set up like most european bikes for a 72kg rider. So are the springs too soft? well no its more the owners are too heavy But Guzzi like every othe manufacturer have to guess the potential size of the average buyer and compromise hoping they will cover most people. Individual owners can customise the spring rates to thier umm requirements!!! Generally as the rear spring is usally choosen with some pillion accomodation in mind so they have a fair range of capability its usally the front springs that are underdone for the larger owner.

Can I add hallelujah to people figuring out you get the springs right then you work on the damping? I've been trying to get that across to people since I have been on the board. If the springs are wrong you can twiddle with adjusters, change shims, add or remove preload and anything else you can think of and it will not fix the problem. Springs hold the bike up, dampers just slow the rate the springs compress and extend.

Thanks baldini and Murray :bier:,

Lex

I got for my superbike fork "FG 270" 9.0 Nm , 10 Nm and 11 Nm springs.

Standard settings are done with the 10 Nm springs. :rasta:

It seems to be fine with this one but my bike is a little lighter than a Scura (199 kg with oil & gas) B)

I actually trying to find right settings but it is really difficult as they are so many !

It seems to be fine with this one but my bike is a little lighter than a Scura (199 kg with oil & gas) B)

Your bike is quite a bit lighter!

If I may ask, how much do you weigh?

And if you measured your sag, how much is it?

I am about 100 kilograms in riding gear and I am considering the 11nm spring for my OE V11Sport front forks.

I believe that some of the riders (Mike Stewart??? Lex????) who are about my weight ordered the 10nm springs and ended up using pre-load spacers to get the sag "correct"

It would be nice to get the sag correct without added pre-load.

PS You have a great website!

:bier: As for you a "little" 100 kg with the riding stuff (helmet, boots , leather).

For my website a new release 'll come soon as the bike is now completly different.

New 1225 engine, ohlins superbike fork, modified air intake, new fork, special triple clamp, new ignition system etc etc ... :luigi:

I have the 11 Nm springs but i don't now if they could fit a road & track ohlins fork as the scura or rosso corsa one's.

My fork is really different. FG 270 Specs