What is the worst Hotel you have stayed in

macguzzi

Whats the worst hotel you have stayed in, this post will become more obvious as people return from the Scottish meeting! Don't want to get libelious just yet. My vote goes to the AULTGUISH INN, burn it down please.

The Grimshaw Motor Inn in Alberta. Very Grim indeed.

Stuck there once because of a hockey tournament in Peace River. No hotel rooms for 50 miles and I had just finished a harrowing day of flying (hydraulic control failure whilst setting the top of a hydro transmission tower and 4 crew on the tower - most memorable occasion I would ever prefer to forget).

Found a room finally in grimshaw but only one room to be shared by 3 of us. Get there and find room is over the zoo. The 'zoo' is where roughnecks and indians converge to renew the indian wars of the late 1800's. Also the only payphone was outside the door and it seemed to only function when someone had to argue with their wife. Attempting to determine how 3 guys would sleep in 2 single beds we settled on drawing straws as to who slept on the floor. This wasn't so great because soon after the lights were out so were the mice. At first they only bounded over the gent sleeping on the floor but soon they got to making high speed pases across the beds. We finally managed to get a bottle of whisky from the front desk and after consuming it in about 20 minutes we all fell asleep not caring about much.

The price for this adventure? A full 20 dollars - for all three of us. In the morning we asked if the twenty dollars was spent on cheese for the mice.

Burn it down? I don't think the SPCA would condone the killing of that much wildlife!!

What happened :huh2: went out of my room and saw nearly everyone suited up ( i thought to go on a run) but were all checked out. well i decided to stay as the weather was total crap, ballabio bertie also stayed and the couple with the cagiva raptors, the weather didnt improve any through the day so we only had a short run to ullapool. came back to the hotel and its shut 3 to 5 :moon: .then a texan getleman called Sam Baker pulls up on a very nice new breva 1100 for the meeting (hired bike from moto ecosse) so a pleasant evening spent in the bar, weather was thankfully better this morning. As i say i dont know what happened for the mass exodus and the owners certainly dont know how to run a hotel but i have stayed in far far worse :whistle:

Gary

Sam posts on the wild guzzi site as Sbaker and is over here for the wsb round at silverstone

Hi Gary, made the best of a bad job eh? Had a laugh yesterday afternoon/evening in the bar at Fawlty Towers, wonder if the Dutch Harley riders found the town called Flyshit? :D P.S. Got home to find my rear shock had dumped all its oil........

Guest Nogbad

Hotel Smederevo, Smederevo, Serbia.

No light bulbs, no electricity, no food, sewage leaking down the wall of my room, no loo paper, intermittent water. Even though there was a war on, this was no good excuse so far from the front line!

Motel outside Logan Lake, BC three summers ago. Seven of us, three rooms. $45.

No TP, found empty condom wrapper in bed (better than finding a used condom I guess), breakfast eggs came with a side of salmonella. By noon those of us who didn't have fully cooked eggs were laid up in another motel while the others rode local roads. :vomit:

Good thing we didn't indulge in the Chinese buffet the night before... Meow mein anyone?

Taught us that perhaps calling ahead for the best price may not always be the best course of action.

Rj

I went to a hotel in San Jose, CA.

We checked in and first use of toilet resulted in overflowing and a small flood.

Got new room, but both pillows were covered with blood, one had so much dried up blood as if someone was using them to mop up a coat hanger abortion or a gun shot wound.

Got pillows from flooded room and the manager made me feel like I should have just grinned and beared the blood under the pillow case. When I showed him the pillows he said something like, "so, what do you want me to do about it?" Well, I want a clean pillow!!!!

He probably had suspicions that we were trouble, stuffing up his toilet and then whining about blood stained pillows.

But that was not the worst of it. The worst was the banging on doors and shouting that went on through most of the night by drug dealers and prostitutes. But somehow, I still got some sleep. :)

Stayed in a hotel in St Petersburg that changed into a knocking shop at night.

Possibly here, certainly in this area:

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=59.963106&a...r=0&src=ggl

No, it was bad. Honestly. You couldn't sit in the bar for a peaceful drink without someone flashing their body parts at you. Hell on earth.

Can't remember the name, but it was in Hurghada, Egypt.

Not only was the Toilet full to the brim with (quite fresh) poo, but so was the sink beside it. Still steaming,too.

I think it was $5 for both of us.

I've been fortunate in that I've never stayed hotels as bad as the ones mentioned here but I did find it extremely odd last year when traveling in Ireland and Scotland that beds in the hotels did not have a top sheet. You'd never see that in the USA. Asking for the other sheet really raised eyebrows too.

Can't remember the name, but it was in Hurghada, Egypt.

Not only was the Toilet full to the brim with (quite fresh) poo, but so was the sink beside it. Still steaming,too.

I think it was $5 for both of us.

At least the poo was fresh!!