Mirrors?

WitchCityBallabio

After looking at pictures taken during the recent weekend ride, with the Ballabio parked next to a bunch of Ducati's all day, one thing jumps out at me.....

The mirrors are butt ugly. :vomit:

I don't really care for the bar end units, but there has got to be a nicer looking alternative that will screw into the existing mounts on top of the bars. I'm thinking something lower and perhaps rectangular rather than round.

Has anybody changed the mirrors? If so, could you post pictures of what you've used and where I could perhaps find them?

Thanks again,

Doug

After looking at pictures taken during the recent weekend ride, with the Ballabio parked next to a bunch of Ducati's all day, one thing jumps out at me.....

The mirrors are butt ugly. :vomit:

I don't really care for the bar end units, but there has got to be a nicer looking alternative that will screw into the existing mounts on top of the bars. I'm thinking something lower and perhaps rectangular rather than round.

Has anybody changed the mirrors? If so, could you post pictures of what you've used and where I could perhaps find them?

Thanks again,

Doug

I know you don't care for the Bar End Mirrors. I didn't either til I got them. I love them now. These are Napoleon AP104.

ELRPics029.jpg

Richard Z.

I think the Napoleons look great with clip-ons, and slightly less so with a tubular bar. Especially a tubular bar with a lot of sweep-back which my Coppa has.

I recall somehow mounting a set of Napoleons THRU the lever pivot holes of my 01 V11 Sport, and that looked and worked well. I dunno if that will work with the forward/stationary Ballabio style fairing though. I think the mirrors would contact the fairing edge at full lock. But that is what I intend to try.

If the Napoleons through the pivot holes dont work I might try some smallish Ducati (DP) handlebar mounted mirrors, the ones for the Monsters should work well and look nice also. I'll try to link a photo of them soon.

Someone mentioned using a set of Buell mirrors in the Napoleon Mirror thread. Might be worth a look. Plus the Harley aftermarket catalogs are full of swoopy billet mirrors - Arlen Ness etc. Joe

Jaap has Aprilia Tuono mirrors as a straight swop. Look fine and are sturdy.

Greg are my eyes deceiving me,or is that a CENTERSTAND on the Coppa and where do I get one? :P:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Saggio

Take a look at the MFW products. I have mirrors with theturn signal lights .Also,the Vario pegs for the Ducati monster fit the V11 perfectly and are really nice I will post pics later. Cheer!! Alan http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/products.shtml

These are pretty cool!

We need more people to post pictures...

masterflash1.jpg

I ended up using these (GPX). They are a vast improvement over the originals. They are much clearer at speed than the factory units. My factory units were pretty much useless at 80mph. These are clear as a bell. :thumbsup: They're also a bit wide angled for a larger field of view as well as infinitely better looking IMHO.

napoleon_aj_gpx_gp_mirror.jpg