New run of plates.

pete roper

No worries Todd. This batch is the 'Racing' ones. made out of 1.6mm steel :grin: . Actually the price of the 2mm plate had gone up astronomically but they had a load of 1.6mm lying about so in the interests of keeping 'em relatively cheap I said go with the 1.6. I don't think that the reduction in thickness is going to cause any problems and may also help prevent the need to modify the sidestand mount when all the munt is pushed down a bit by the plate.

pete

Next run of sloppage sheets is ready.

I have a feeling that I owe someone one. A C.S. Morrison from Queensland? Can they just confirm as I've tried e-mailing and got bounced?

Pete

Pete: I've PM'd and Emailed with no reply. I bought one (Paypal) about 6 weeks ago, and have not received confirmation from you as yet. I'll PM again

Dennis

Walnut Creek, CA

may also help prevent the need to modify the sidestand mount when all the munt is pushed down a bit by the plate.

pete

I bought one from Todd but I haven't had time for the install yet but I noticed that comment I quoted above. What need to modify the sidestand mount? Have I missed something about the install? I thought it was a bolt in operation. Some clarification please.

I bought one from Todd but I haven't had time for the install yet but I noticed that comment I quoted above. What need to modify the sidestand mount? Have I missed something about the install? I thought it was a bolt in operation. Some clarification please.

I can imagine the need to widen the smaller one of the bolt holes a little bit, as that bolt offsets down one or two millimeters compared to the main bolt in the timing chest cover.

EDIT: see paragraph 12 in This excellent how-to

I'll bite. What's a "Sloppage Sheet"? Can you tell I'm a newbie?

Here's three articles that summarize it in one form or another.

Installation photos and some discussion:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=roper+sloppage

ditto:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...5&hl=pickup

Another discussion/description with, uh, an illustration.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...2&hl=pickup

you could also do a search on "windage" and probably pick up a few more discussions.

Had mine installed about 6 months ago - side stand mount didn't need any modification on my 2004 V11.