What the f**k ...?

biesel

I think that when they (Guzzi) :mg: gets the new 8 valve motor ready for production you will see an MGS type motorcycle in the showroom. We have seen the pictures of the new Stelvio & a few of an 8 valve Griso so its in the works. If they have the Griso & Stelvio for sale by next summer, then look for the MGS to be coming soon.

The MGS-01 is not liquid cooled only one is thats fitted with an aftermarket engine. Full fairing might be a neascary eveil for a road bike to help it ekk through emissions and niose testing. Dunno I don't think you are going to see a sports bike out of Guzzi for a while I think the Piaggio takeover has stalled that and the fact they are flat out making and more importantly selling tourers and road bikes that its segment they don't need to chase right now. From a corporate piont of view Aprilia has that covered pretty extensivly and probally a lot more effectivly than Guzzi will withthe current motor and drive train.

"Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday","Ya got to spend money to make money",bla,bla,bla,....

Racing programs are a great way to test and develop your product.Ducati is proof of this.Their naked,touring,ad-tourer,1098 are all direct decendents of their racing program.And I might add ,very successfull.Ive already seen several 1098's on the road this year.They spend,they win,they sell.Very simple formula.

Guzzi take notice,and this applies to Aprillia also,they must shoot for the future,not the past.Winning is everything, from the track to the showroom.

:rasta:

Oh, I smoked too many "cigs" today,.......

"Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday","Ya got to spend money to make money",bla,bla,bla,....

Racing programs are a great way to test and develop your product....

Guzzi take notice,and this applies to Aprillia also,they must shoot for the future,not the past.Winning is everything, from the track to the showroom.

:rasta:

Oh, I smoked too many "cigs" today,.......

Yeah you did! :rasta: IIRC, wasn't Aprilia's acquisition by Piaggio founded upon the former's too avid pursuit of MotoGP? Too much shooting for the future can be a bad thing, too! ;)

Somehow, I doubt Piaggio is going to spend too much time on blue sky development. Having just read a book on 50 years of Vespa, it seems that Piaggio [a company now going on 125 years old or so] is more of a "slow & steady wins the race" kind of company... which would auger well for Aprilia's & Guzzi's long-term stability. :thumbsup:

:mg:

It don't turn me on. Looks like all the other modern eurojapo sportbikes of late. I hope Guzzi's does'nt lose all the character in their future projects that has always made them so unique.

I spoke with Vittorio Guareschi today and asked him if Guzzi has a sport bike in the pipeline.

He said the only new model he is aware of is the big trailie.

Of course he's not the final word but Papa Guareschi has good inside line with the factory.