Sydney Australia: Looking for recomendations or warnings

Guest sylk

Guest sylk

Can anyone make recomendations and or warnings about Guzzi service in Sydney Australia, I recently purchased a 2002 V11 with only 13,000km which will soon be due for it's 20,000k service so i would like to find someware reliable.

Can anyone make recomendations and or warnings about Guzzi service in Sydney Australia, I recently purchased a 2002 V11 with only 13,000km which will soon be due for it's 20,000k service so i would like to find someware reliable.

sylk

wouldnt we all.

The best guy i know of in town is motocicilo, he's at St Peters BUT he's not an official service agent so doesnt have the computer stuff to do injection tuning; everything else he can do just fine. I recently spoke witht he impoirter and they reccomended motor cycle weaponary at Mono Vale; I have no experience with them. I have tried motorino at Homebush and had a bad experience, but they have my bike right now and hopefully will do a great job this time...

As Nige says, John at Motocicolo is good.

I'm a couple of hours away in Bungendore just North of Canberra. More than happy to do a V11, yes, I'm a service agent and yes I have all the FI diagnostics.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Avoid Paull's Mowers and Motorcycles at Richmond.

Although they are an authorised Guzzi service agent your bike will be worked on by an old fella who usually spends his days tinkering with mowers.

No bashing, just fact. My best mate used to be a mechanic for them, and said despite being a service agent they didn't see a lot of Guzzi's out there.

• 1 month later...
sylk

wouldnt we all.

The best guy i know of in town is motocicilo, he's at St Peters BUT he's not an official service agent so doesnt have the computer stuff to do injection tuning; everything else he can do just fine. I recently spoke witht he impoirter and they reccomended motor cycle weaponary at Mono Vale; I have no experience with them. I have tried motorino at Homebush and had a bad experience, but they have my bike right now and hopefully will do a great job this time...

Tony at Motorino is said to be a good Guzzi mechanic-I've heard good reports about him from the staff at Motohansa who have said that he has been approached to switch teams. However I'm not overjoyed at my new California having been locked up at Motorino for the last two weeks with a warranty issue regarding the final drive seal. I have not ridden the bike since June 8, but will say no more than that. I will mention that at least two other Calis have had diff seal problems virtually from new, much to the amazement of the mechanics detailed to fix them as probably the owners! Has anyone here had similar problems with diff seals on their Californias?? :(

Tony at Motorino is said to be a good Guzzi mechanic-I've heard good reports about him from the staff at Motohansa who have said that he has been approached to switch teams. However I'm not overjoyed at my new California having been locked up at Motorino for the last two weeks with a warranty issue regarding the final drive seal. I have not ridden the bike since June 8, but will say no more than that. I will mention that at least two other Calis have had diff seal problems virtually from new, much to the amazement of the mechanics detailed to fix them as probably the owners! Has anyone here had similar problems with diff seals on their Californias?? :(

Big outer seal in a Cali bevelbox is a $30, 20 minute job. Inner seal is a $35-50 job and a couple of hours if you know what you're doing. Warrantying it should take a couple of days but I'd do it and sort the money out later, not worth the grief from the loss of goodwill.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
sylk

wouldnt we all.

I have been to XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at Mona Vale for the first 4 or 5 services to my V11 - at first they were OK but after the 3rd visit on the way home I found the oil light coming on around corners and under acceleration - the sump was almost empty. I persisted with them thinking that it was just one mistake but then had 190 rear tyre put on when they had told me they had the correct size available, the last straw was when I had issues with excess oil and grease in the levers which sprayed itself all over me & the bike on the way home - like heaps, and then found later that the drive-shaft had been reassembled with the reference lines not lined up which Peter Roper noticed and rectified on the spot when I was picking up my sloper plate from him.

I think that XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX is not interested in Guzzis it is just a handy way to fill out quiet days in the shop when not preparing race bikes.

On a positive note I can definetly recommend Peter Roper - well worth the ride/drive to Bungendore and a great guy to get advice and chin wag Guzzis with.

I can also highly recommend John at Motociclo easy to deal with and did the last service and repaired my Quat exhaust on my V11 really well.

The other local guy in Sydney I can recommend highly is Dave Ward at Moto Italia at Penrith who was at Sample Group (the Guzzi importers) for many years and knows and loves his Guzzis.

Just to give anyone the 'Heads Up' I'm currently in almost full time 'Carer' mode for my Mum In Law. I actually have very little time to spend on my 'Biz-nizz' so my recommendation is to go and see John or Dave. I'm more than happy to try and help people out if they have tuning or other problems that they are having issues with and their dealers can't addess them but at the moment most of my 'Business' time is spent trying to help people out with warranty shit on the newer bikes and development work on improvements for the W5.9AM controller and FI system.

Effectively MotoModa is open almost in name only and will be for, well, I suppose the forseeable future. Sorry, but Mum comes first. As I say though if people are stuck I'm more than happy to try and help but time is at a real premium right now so lead times may be long and I may not be able to turn stuff over as quickly as folks would like.

Having said that both Dave and Jon are top notch. While Jon doesn't have axcess to the re-mapping options of the Axone tool he does have the Texa multi dealer kit which means he can do all the V11 stuff like accurately setting the TPs, adjusting the idle trim etc. Dave is an Aprilia and Guzzi service agent and both are a.) Smart and b.) Conscientious and I unhesitatingly recommend either of 'em for Guzzi work.

Pete

• 5 months later...