soft bags for V11

Tom M

good morning tomM!!!

been searching the net and the forums for pix/info for a lemans im looking to purchase......want to see styles and fitment......your setup has me sold...both on the bike and the bags.......what are yours? what mounting hardware are you using? can 2up ride with your setup?....as it looks like the topcase cuts out the pillion seat......more pix?!?!!? :P i want your EXACT deal.....VERY nice fitting sir, VERY nice!!

enjoy!

td

Hi Terry,

The pictures show Cortech Sport soft pannier and tail bags that I mounted on top of the pillion seat cowl so that they would clear my high mounted exhaust cans. There's no mounting hardware, just 4 straps. The bags sit on thick soft neoprene pads included from Cortech. If I was going to ride with a passenger and luggage I would have to lower the mufflers and get a luggage rack because there wouldn't be enough room for the tail bag + passenger, not to mention the fact that a passenger would suffer greatly with the high mounted passenger pegs that are also the high mount muffler brackets.

There are luggage systems for the LeMans available from Moto Guzzi (Tekno soft bags), Hepco-Becker hard bags, Ventura and others. Search the forum a bit and I'm sure you'll find examples of each.

:2c: PS I don't think the V11 Guzzis are a good choice for 2 up touring if that's what you're thinking about, unless your passenger is quite small and flexible ;)

There are luggage systems for the LeMans available from Moto Guzzi (Tekno soft bags), Hepco-Becker hard bags, Ventura and others. Search the forum a bit and I'm sure you'll find examples of each.

2c.gif PS I don't think the V11 Guzzis are a good choice for 2 up touring if that's what you're thinking about, unless your passenger is quite small and flexible

I've decided that I'm going to put the Hepco & Becker rack on and fit my Givi bags ( :wub: ) to that rack. I have ordered the latch and bottom "buttons" from Givi, and will strive to afix them to the rack. I'll take pictures of how it goes. It doesn't look like it will be that difficult. The Givi bags I have that I used on a previous bike are the E36 and E45 top case. They were fantastic during a 3 week cross country trip and pretty nice looking.

With regards to touring a V11, my wife spends quite a bit of time on the pillion (we've done about 4000 miles already this season, with her on the back for much of it) and she is 5' 10" (although athletic and flexible ) and her only complaint is that the passenger pegs could be a bit lower. I'm hoping with the top case, she'll be able to lean against it and take some of the crouch out of the position. We have a 1000+ mile trip to Nova Scotia planned for August and she'll be on back and she's not dreading it. I think if you do the trip sensibly, (without 600 mile day marathon runs), the passenger should be okay (although she did a few of those on the back of the VFR without much issue). We plan on only 150-200 mile days on this trip. We'll see how it goes. This will be our first extended trip on the Goose.

Since this has turned into a Soft/Hard Bag thread, I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try this new GIVI hard bag system. And of course there should be the obligatory report with photos. Please... ;)

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_...asp?CO_ID=18171

Another option might be these soft FAMSA bags which are highly regarded in the Ducati Multistrada ( www.multistrada.net ) forum.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/catalog/prod...;products_id=44

Since this has turned into a Soft/Hard Bag thread, I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try this new GIVI hard bag system. And of course there should be the obligatory report with photos. Please... ;)

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_...asp?CO_ID=18171

Another option might be these soft FAMSA bags which are highly regarded in the Ducati Multistrada ( www.multistrada.net ) forum.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/catalog/prod...;products_id=44

Unless I missed it, neither of these systems show mounts for a V11.

I used Cargo endurance soft panniers on my recent European jaunt. Expand to 40 litres, plenty of clearance over the exhausts and lots of pockets and mounting points. Stayed waterproof too. I got a small split in one and had them replaced under warranty no quibble.

Atour2007084.jpg

cargotouring.jpg

Guest terrydean

well......took the "Goose" (???) the V11, the LeMans out for a socal test ride this afternoon....wow...fuckin great bike....and that was on old, trapziod shaped tires!!! (needs new rubber)........was gone for an hour+, came back and the sales guys was freakin!!!!

"whered you go?!!?!? thought you were going around the block!?!?!?"

".....sorry mate.......should have said something......sorry......but hey......shes sold!!!" :)

then i took out the tuono.....wow.......crazy fuckin scooter THAT is!!!......maybe past my prime on that beast......love the lemans.......then soon thereafter the owner of the goose walks in the shop......so we chat it up a bit....tells me her history.....14k and absolutely NO problems with it....other than some peeling paint/clear coat on some side cowling?????.....anyway......he also tells me he has racks and bags for it!!!! (tecknica?) anyway......wooooooohoooooo!!!! guess he and his wife did a bit of two up touring on her....nice.....

"any complains from the pillion?.......she like the ride?........"

"nope, no complaints at all......only the occasional poke in the ribs to tell me to slow down......"

NICE!!!

found it very easy to go fast on the v11.....smooth.......the shop will put some new rubber on her, clean her up and ill take her for another test ride, not that its necessary.......but with the worn tires there was a major turnin at slower speeds.......scary almost......actually, it was.....so i just want to make sure its the tires and not that crazy torque steer which was present......other than that im good to go, bags and all!!!

will share more as more is revealed.......

td!

Guest terrydean

So, Terry, what year/model is the LeMans?

It's not a Scura :ninja: or a Tenni :helmet: ?

A Corsa :race: ?

gosh.....im not sure....didnt know there were other models.....thought it was the sport and the lemans....tell me more....whats a tenni? whats a scura? and finally.....whats a corsa?!?! :)

td!

I have the Nelson Rigg for my '02 Le Mans. I have the older version of these..

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Sport-Tour...L_combo-Big.htm

I can't say enough about these bags and I also have the large RiggsPak for my cruiser. One of the best things is that when you wear them out, or they fail.... you send them back and they send you new ones.

Guest terrydean

Hi TerryDean...look here for the different models, and good luck on your decision :mg:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9958

morning joeC/all.....hey...thanks for the linky.....had not seen that one yet.....so....by that page im looking at a 02 LeMans......was the red/toupe two tone, now all red (due to the flaking paint thingy).......liked reading the whos and whats of the model years....03 looks like a winner.....but dont know if i have the patience/time to wait!!!

thanks again!!

td!