MPH Bar Risers---what you already knew or suspected

stormsedge

Okay, my wife tells me I am 1) stubborn and 2) frugal (her way of saying "cheap")...since she's known me for +30 years, I am beginning to suspect she may be right. In any event, I FINALLY decided I'd had enough of aching elbows and wrists...and ordered the MPH bar riser kit for my RM. Spent Memorial Day Saturday on the install and ripped off 200 miles the next day without discomfort. GREAT KIT, MPH! Thanks for the assist on the phone too. Too bad for me that it took nearly four years of riding this thing to decide to make this mod...the single biggest positive thing I've done to this bike. :bike: k

• Like 1

I love mine too. The Motobits foot controls that Greg sells work great with the risers. They move your feet forward & lower as the risers move your hands up and back. The result is your whole body rotating back some for a much more comfortable all day ride. Add the Rich Maund saddle and you'll have a touring bike.

• Like 1

""Have you guys considered a California?""

Lived there a while...real estate too high. :wacko: k

• Haha 1

Have you guys considered a California?

peepwall1.gif

I must admit I was a little stiff after yesterdays 530mile 12 1/2 hour jaunt, first long one since last year

Nothing wrong with making a bike a better, more comfortable fit. Unless of course, you enjoy discomfort.

• 5 months later...
Guest TippyRacer

Old thread I know, but it shows I know how to use the "Search" function ... :lol:

Did you have to use the new brake lines provided with the kit (and thus fill & bleed the brakes yadda yadda) or can you find enough slack to feed the extra length for the risers?

Thanks,

TC

Old thread I know, but it shows I know how to use the "Search" function ... :lol:

Did you have to use the new brake lines provided with the kit (and thus fill & bleed the brakes yadda yadda) or can you find enough slack to feed the extra length for the risers?

Thanks,

TC

Your Tenni has different clip ons than a rosso mandello so you're going to have a little different job mounting risers. I think you have longer lines & thus it "should" be easier.

btw if all you v11 sport types want more comfort when riding check my thread about how I added a new windshield to my Rosso Mandello. The bike is so much more quiet & no wind buffeting my helmet so I can really hear that cool guzzi sound.

Your Tenni has different clip ons than a rosso mandello so you're going to have a little different job mounting risers. I think you have longer lines & thus it "should" be easier.

btw if all you v11 sport types want more comfort when riding check my thread about how I added a new windshield to my Rosso Mandello. The bike is so much more quiet & no wind buffeting my helmet so I can really hear that cool guzzi sound.

Hi richard,are you selling the original fairing,I'm looking for one.

Thanks,

Michael

PS My bike came with the MPH risers and couldn't be happier,high quality,and a perfect sporty position.I prefer the look of clip-ons over bars also :2c:

Hi richard,are you selling the original fairing,I'm looking for one.

Thanks,

Michael

PS My bike came with the MPH risers and couldn't be happier,high quality,and a perfect sporty position.I prefer the look of clip-ons over bars also :2c:

Actually my original fairing has some road rash on it. Its not very noticeable, but I'd like a new one myself. Unfortunately a new carbon fairing is $400! :whistle: If $400 sounds reasonable to you I'd suggest contacting one of our fine sponsors here at the top of your screen.

Guest Road Weazel

What's the cost of the Riser kit? I'm gonna have to make the V-11 Sport more comfie since the Triumph Sprint Exec is going up on the auction block when I get home, I won't pick up my Valkyrie (in GA) for a few more months and my KLR is still in IL.

MPH seems like a great source for Guzzi goodies, but their website is mostly all broken links :bbblll:

Weazel

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

TC

Brake/clutch lines are included from MPH. k

• 1 month later...