Hello New V11 Cafe Sport Owner!

Guest Saggio

Well,

Looks like the topic had already been there for a while, so here I am hijacking it :D . I wasn't even sure if other V11s were welcome, but now that I see it's okay, I can join.

A few days ago I got my first MG, a new 2004 Cafè Sport (yes, the real deal, bronze tank with golden Öhlins and Brembo stuff. Actually this bike wasn't even high on my list (I had started looking for an R1150R, then took another look at the Breva... and the rest is history). Even though the bike doesn't have the goodies I was thinking of in the beginning (you know, all the beemer year-round rider stuff: ABS, heated grips, socket, big alternator, handguards, luggage, etc), I liked it enough to override all the other considerations. I rode it home for some 600+ miles and it was great to see that it can actually be comfortable enough for long trips as well. It sounds, feels, and runs great, which already means that I'm not too pissed with the fact that the speedo/odo stopped working right before I got home, but I can't wait to get it ready to ride again (600mi service, registration & insurance, and the speedo fix). I'll post some pics when I get a camera and after I give the bike a good bath (riding in non-stop rain made it look like a dirt bike).

Cheers!

Safe, long and happy ride to you!

Thanks, same to you and everybody else here!

Seeing that you too have a LeMans (of course, since it's a LeMans forum :D ), I'm curious which model of the V11 sport bikes was made in the largest numbers. Sorry if this is an ignorant newbie question... :blush:

Welcome to the fold TM. You will find a world of knowledge ( and a load of BS at times too) here along with a great bunch of folks.

If you are ever riding around the Moscow area and find a displaced lumberjack with a wicked Maine accent riding a yellow BMW R1200S tell him Dennis sez hello.

Enjoy the bike!

Dennis in Maine.

If you are ever riding around the Moscow area and find a displaced lumberjack with a wicked Maine accent riding a yellow BMW R1200S tell him Dennis sez hello.
Thanks for the welcome Dennis. Haven't been to Moscow yet, but if I do, I'll be looking for a BMW with a Maine accent :thumbsup: (oh, what am I saying) :D