White Power or Sach-Boge

Kiwi Dave

When I purchased my '02 Le Mans, I was informed it was fitted with White Power rear suspension. Now rumour has it as Sach-Boge model.

With a casual glance, I can't see any markings on the unit. How do I tell the difference?

The Sachs unit has a blue end-cap on the shock, with a white spring, and is clearly marked "Sachs" on the blue end-cap. This is visible from looking up under the rear fender of the bike, above the rear tire at the end of the shock.

In the USA, I have not seen a single V11 Sport variety(including LeMans) that has had the WP unit installed in recent years, although I have heard that there have been a few.

This kinda miffed me as well, but the specs did say either/or, not a guarantee of the WP. ...doesn't really matter to me anyway, as I planned to get an Ohlins or Penske one day anyhow :rolleyes:

al

So where did you get the info about the WP unit?

...as Dave mentions, all the press data, and even the website specs for the 2002 LeMans(I don't know about the other V11s, but I'm sure their spec sheets were the same) clearly said either/or Sachs/WP.

I didn't know the difference at the time, although I had at least heard of WP before ^_^ ...so when mine showed up with the Sachs, I just thought oh well, no big deal I guess.

al

The v11 sport specs here are from the 1999/2000 model, the v11 le mans pictured is the 2001 model. So this is old stock,and the website is maintained by non guzzi guy's. This is a comercial website, and guzzi can't be held responsible for what's on there.

As Paul mention it, In france i only saw Sachs since 2000 models excepting Ohlins on specials. Never see again WP on a V11.

By the way, i found that WP fork (daytona/centauro/sporti) was really better than the marzocchi one V11.

One thing is for sure:

An official MG Shop Manual specifies either Sachs or WP rear shock. There are pictures, settings etc.

Mine is Sachs.

Guest jeremy

I have a centauro with the WP units and I like them much better than a few Marzzochi/Boge v11 sports I have ridden, I wonder why guzzi ever parted ways with WP. Cost I suppose. If I ever do get a v11 I will be installing the WP parts on it.

cheers

I have a centauro with the WP units and I like them much better than a few Marzzochi/Boge v11 sports I have ridden, I wonder why guzzi ever parted ways with WP. Cost I suppose. If I ever do get a v11 I will be installing the WP parts on it.

cheers

...if I ever get a V11 LeMans, I'm changing out the Marz to an Ohlins.

Oh wait, I do have a V11 LeMans... that means :bike:

awww yeah :grin:

The v11 sport specs here are from the 1999/2000 model, the v11 le mans pictured is the 2001 model. So this is old stock,and the website is maintained by non guzzi guy's. This is a comercial website, and guzzi can't be held responsible for what's on there.

For those who doubt, here is a scan of the back page of an official Le Mans brochure (yellow highlighting mine).

I can say that I'm not unhappy with the Sach-Boge unit, perhaps I don't know what I'm missing, but it suits my riding style fine.

LeMan_spec.jpg

The sales brochure for the 2000 V11 Sport also specifies WP rear shock. Sure the owner's manual specifies "either" but you've already bought it by then. Bait and switch? :rasta: